💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was the hate for Taylor's ME! justified?

Buddy Zen

Featured Posts

Blown Away

It's a bop. It's a song that isn't meant to be taken seriously, like Madge's Impressive Instant, hence the random 'Spelling Is Fun' line. I was severely disappointed when she removed that line.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reject False Icons

My dislike for it doesn’t prevent me from enjoying and dancing to the song :lolly:

but it’s really childish in not a very good way cause I liked shake it off a lot more 

Just now, Blown Away said:

It's a bop. It's a song that isn't meant to be taken seriously, like Madge's Impressive Instant, hence the random 'Spelling Is Fun' line. I was severely disappointed when she removed that line.

This.

They kinda capitulated and accepted the general missunderstanding and misinterpretation of the line. :yennefer:

is Taylor excluded from any kind of criticism? the song was generic and boring, it's not that serious. and i hardly think that Taylor had some greater artistic vision for that song (and album)

If you create a song that is purposefully bad, that doesn't make it good.

I like dancin', and ponies....

Anderson123

It’s a cute catchy song but didn’t really feel like a good follow up single to big albums like 1989 and Reputation. It sounds and looks more like a song they made for a Disney movie and would’ve been more successful and well received if they did that. I think that was the whole intention of the song, they were just having fun and casual listeners just didn’t love it.  Overall I think Lover is a very weak album. 

DiskoBaby

Lover is probably gonna be remembered as the last traditional pop album. 

In a year when Lil Nas X and Billie Eilish dominated it stands out as being too carefree and bubblegum and safe. Really safe, trendy and inoffensive to everyone. Lil Nas X and Drake changed the streaming rules with short songs and long albums. Billie Eilish changed the way pop music could look and sound.

Because of COVID now, artists have no choice but to look for clever ways to promote themselves. Gone are the days of the traditional album cycle... for a while. Lover was the last traditional pop era that followed all the rules. But Lil Nas X blocked her from reaching number one and Billie Eilish overshadowed her at the Grammys.

Now we got Folklore where she abandoned the album promo and shook things up musically. We’re probably not gonna see an album like Lover for a long time.

joannesrats

Me is literally the worst song i’ve heard in years. this isn’t hate toward taylor, it’s just my opinion. i hate the song and it’s an embarrassment in her discography. It’s 10x worse than jewels n drugs. 

Lona Delery

its a bop tbh

of course the lyrics are corny and cringy but that doesnt take anything away for me

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Archived