Projecting Beyonce's shortcomings on other stars/artists

mzncb

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gypsy101

bitch wat

including her work with Destiny's Child (which, let's face it... was mostly her vocal work), in sheer number of hits Beyonce has the 8th most top 40s of all time. she has had 55 top 40 hits spanning 1997 to this very year, 23 years of hits.

that also includes 40 top 20, 28 top 10, 26 top 5 and 11 number one hits.

call us whenever your face has those numbers.

Teletubby

Projecting Beyonce
Bez-nazwy-2.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

26 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

bitch wat

including her work with Destiny's Child (which, let's face it... was mostly her vocal work), in sheer number of hits Beyonce has the 8th most top 40s of all time. she has had 55 top 40 hits spanning 1997 to this very year, 23 years of hits.

that also includes 40 top 20, 28 top 10, 26 top 5 and 11 number one hits.

call us whenever your face has those numbers.

Yeah I don’t get people calling BeyoncĂ© a flop or whatever. It seems pretty obvious to me that she’s not playing the charts game anymore because she doesn’t have to. If she *really* wanted a hit she’d strike that honey pot of payola that her industry clout would allow her access to. It seems like a pretty conscious move on her part to not play the charts game and to instead focus on legacy. After all, she’s been in the business for nearly 25 years. It makes sense. She’s done the ‘cool’ urban act schtick, mega watt pop star, the superstar, now she’s very evidently focused on the strong and sustained legacy.

She could have made Sorry or Formation go #1 if she had wanted them to tbh. Numbers on the chart are basically about manipulation via clout or virality. BeyoncĂ© had both with Lemonade and could have leveraged it to have those accolades. She doesn’t want them, or rather, isn’t focused on them anymore. If it happens it happens, but for someone like her chasing #1s taints her legacy and marketing brand a bit. For example, look at Madonna. She *looks* worse to folks because she’s still chasing charts after all these years rather than locking down her legacy (no beef with Madge, she’s a trailblazer, I’m talking about public perception).

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived