achievement

Rolling Stone Ranks Born This Way 484th Best Album of All Time

Nano

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstertoronto

Gaga has only one album on the whole list and its near the bottom.  Is Madonna even on the list at all?  Mariah?  Does Rolling Stone just hate pop girls?

DiskoBaby
3 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

The whole list is skewed against women so ain't no surprise they only included one of her albums.

How is that? I thought they were actually pandering to women and rap listeners tbh.

DiskoBaby
2 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Gaga has only one album on the whole list and its near the bottom.  Is Madonna even on the list at all?  Mariah?  Does Rolling Stone just hate pop girls?

Yes they both have albums on there. There’s actually a lot of pop albums on the list.

Franz Ferdinand
19 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

How is that? I thought they were actually pandering to women and rap listeners tbh.

The top 50 has only 7 albums by women, the top 10 only 2 (and a half if you count Fleetwood Mac). Overall only about 15% of the entries are albums by women artists, so better than the 2012 update but still not great.  

DiskoBaby
15 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

The top 50 has only 7 albums by women, the top 10 only 2 (and a half if you count Fleetwood Mac). Overall only about 15% of the entries are albums by women artists, so better than the 2012 update but still not great.  

Take into account that a lot of albums are still from the 60s-70s which was still male dominated at that time. It is still great even though I’m not a fan of the list that a lot of female entries are recent. Women still got a long way to go, they only started dominating musically recently.

5 hours ago, HybridAT said:

Should be waaayyy higher

Her best album :applause:

This album is so many things. It's her magnum opus, her mission statement, her riskiest and her most artistically fearless project at the PEAK of her career. She probably will never top this. :pawsup:

I was reading this and thinking maybe it's a bit much to say all that but then I realized it's Born This Way we're talking about and of fuсking course it's all THAT and more :bradley:

Archived