Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa's submissions for the Grammy's are revealed

Dirkje

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, Dirkje said:

I also have read rumors on Twitter that Un Dia (One Day) could get submitted in categories as well

There’s no way that will get nominated.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee

It's easy to see that pop music has been painfully bad the last few years, but Dua, along with a few others, helped bring it back this past year. I hope she wins something. She's deserving of at least one grammy. 

ThisGuyTony

DSN could be Song of the Year and take other categories but I don’t see the album winning any major categories. 

ladygagafan1234
9 hours ago, liquidsunshine said:

I call this - She's gonna get snubbed in every category.

It's not snubbed if it's undeserving.

Personally speaking I hope Gaga gets at least pop duo, pop vocal album and pop vocal performance. I’d very much doubt that Dua Lipa and Taylor swift should get that.

11 hours ago, liquidsunshine said:

I call this - She's gonna get snubbed in every category.

She does have chances to win in some small categories, but obviously not in the major ones 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Justin Drew Bieber

The way people always want to say FN is better than Chromatica no matter what. :rip: You can say you like it without having to hate on Gaga.

KingRedd

Hope she gets nominated. It’s always fun to see new artists get nominated for things. I don’t like sting the word “deserves” though. So many artists don’t get recognition and have far better music, in my opinion. I am exited to see what Gaga submits. Chromatica has been a quarantine album to me. This whole era has been well executed under the circumstances. Dua is great but Chromatica is the pop album this year for me. It’s serious, yet fun. It’s personal, it’s mature, it’s fun to dance to, and the visuals have been great. 

May I Read You? 😎

FN - pop vocal

After Hours - album of the year

Folklore is not pop so it'll not be nominated in the big pop categories

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Good for her. 

I don’t see Dua talking home Besr Pop album. If anything it’ll be Harry. Dua will probably take home Best Pop Solo Performance

Bradley
8 hours ago, Regina George said:

I'd strongly disagree with this..

Thanks for letting me know. I respect your opinion and maintain mine.

Bradley
13 hours ago, BeIIadonna said:

I mean... not really. It's lyrically really good - it has some of her best lyrics, but the production is dated or boring for a lot of the tracks; Free Woman and 1000 Doves sounding like they came out of a 2015 royalty free intro pack, ROM's production is watered down and needs a bit more, Babylon's was good but really needed a longer length to be fleshed out better, etc etc. FN on the other hand doesn't have much lyrical depth (which, songs don't need to anyways imo, but that's a different topic) but the production is a lot better & more exciting.

As for success, that's not really fair to say imo, but I'm not going to say much because chart stuff isn't that interesting & shouldn't be that important anyways.

You lost your credibility when you said 'lyrical depth, which songs don't need to have anyways'. This is the kind of perspective that has failed to distinguish between good poetry and bad 'poetry', and is exactly the attitude that sets the GP and Grammy voters apart. And no Chromatica is not dated, it's carefully crafted to straddle a balance between dance music nostalgic of the 90s and yet has a contemporary touch to it, and it's evident throughout the record, and is not successfully replicated by many radio-friendly, trendy artists.

Future Nostalgia is catchy and boppy, but it's not as distinctive visually and sonically as Chromatica.

Finally, 'shouldn't be important' and 'in reality does play a factor' are quite different notions. What you think should or should not matter does not translate into voting practices of the Grammy awards.

Teletubby
35 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I can see Dua snatching an award. 

I hope Katy Perry get one too s.jpg they deserve it ezgif-1-5a2cb2b5ba28.gif

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived