⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

🎃 The October fan mail is here! 🎃
Sign in to follow this  
question

Q&A with Sapphire Phoenix!

TimisaMonster

Hi everyone!

I decided to do a Q&A in the midst of releasing my first single, "MIRAGE"! :woot:

People who may be interested: @aesthetic @barcodemonster @bumblebee @ChaosVampire @ChromatiGa @kaelergrey @Economy @Twitter @DC  @datlastfam @davidtaylor @dit @Doot @Steven @Dutch @Kim Kardashian @Guillaume Hamon @jayzer @Jinzo @JustifyMyLove @Luv u Sum @mattbri @Mer Boy @Mr Mirko @munty hunty @PrinceOfTheStorm @reversewarhol @Ronk @rumours @smokingthemall @Stefani Gaga @tellemhone @ThaFame @Zaza

Some have already submitted questions and I will answer them! :kiss:

Where did the name SAPPHIRE PHOENIX come from?

When I was born, I was given the middle name, Jay, after the Blue Jay bird. I wanted a stage name that was personal to me, but also extended into an artistic expression of myself. Interestingly, my birthday is in September and the birthstone of the month is Sapphire. So I saw that as a natural evolution of Blue to Sapphire which is a beautiful and valuable color and stone. The most powerful bird I could think of was a Phoenix, which is a mythical creature representing passion and fury and the power to never die and keep resurrecting itself. With my past experience of leaving the cult to pursue my dreams, I connected myself to that same Phoenix that fought to live despite being burned to ash.  Therefore, Sapphire Phoenix was born...

What's the meaning of "MIRAGE"?

Mirage tells a very personal story of mine. About a year ago, I escaped a cult known to many as Jehovah's Witnesses. Unfortunately, I was raised in it since birth. To make a long story short, I was basically cast out of the cult and shunned by my family and friends under "spiritual discipline". During this period of mental and emotional abuse, I "woke up" from the hazy mirage of my cult brainwashing and decided to live my life free and pursue my dream of becoming an artist! The reason I was cast out, was because I fell in love with my best friend/roommate and we became intimate...a big no no in a cult. I thought he cared about me too, but he was too afraid to live his truth so he backpedaled his feelings and I was left heart broken. I wrote the song to express how we humans go through life questioning our beliefs, wondering if we found love, and whether or not our perception of these events were real or...just a mirage?

What program do you use for your production?

I used an online DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) called Soundtrap that is powered by Spotify. It's a beginners tool for those unfamiliar with production and user friendly. However, if I had a choice I would probably have used a different one that had more features and capabilities.

How long have you been producing and singing?

I have been singing since I was a young person in school. I had solo performances in choir, and truly wanted to pursue music ever since I was a teen. Producing on the other hand, I barely started a few months ago. It was a learning curve overall as it was my first time using such a DAW program and not knowing ANYTHING about how to get the sound I heard in my mind. At the end of the day, I'm no professional and I made the song the best I could.

Are you open to work with other indie singers & songwriters etc?

I am open to collaborating with other artists and producers. It was always a dream of mine to create a body of work that was written, produced, and sang by me. That's what this EP will be and I'm proud of my efforts and want to keep challenging myself with my next music project. I would love to collaborate with others and share ideas, talents, and create some amazing art!

Feel free to ask me anything!

Edited by TimisaMonster
Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot

1) Favorite horror movie?

2) Have you considered asking ME a question in MY Ama? :ally:

3) Most impactful thing you have experienced?

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

1) Favorite horror movie?

2) Have you considered asking ME a question in MY Ama? :ally:

3) Most impactful thing you have experienced?

1) Hmmm...I'd have to say Alien is a true classic for me 

2) I'm so sorry how could I forget :billie: Please link me and I'll ask away

3) Well the thing that has inspired me the most is going to a Gaga concert in 2011 in LA and seeing her on stage was truly one of the best experiences of my life! I was on a major high that night of pure joy and happiness. That was probably the moment I knew I wanted to make music my career

 

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter

Do you plan on dropping your own album? If so, what would it be called?

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twitter
30 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I already asked a question. :messga:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
17 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Do you plan on dropping your own album? If so, what would it be called?

I am releasing a self titled EP, SAPPHIRE PHOENIX, soon. Mirage is the first single off of it. I am already thinking about the next EP/Album I wanna put out and have a name and concept already for it, but it's too soon to be talked about yet... :teehee:

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

I already asked a question. :messga:

Sorry it took a while adding the names I didn't realize til after ::selena:

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steven

The meaning behind the song is quite sad, but thank god you are safe.  Hope you feel okay :heart:

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
Just now, Steven said:

The meaning behind the song is quite sad, but thank god you are safe.  Hope you feel okay :heart:

Thank you! Yeah the melody also has a slight melancholic feel to it and it bursts into an almost "frustrated cry" in the chorus. I'm also happy I escaped with my life in tact and I'm MUCH happier than I have ever been in my entire life. 

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
datlastfam

Is there any thing related to Gaga that inspired your music?

Chromatica or ARTPOP? If neither, why
 

Why Mirage instead of Hallucination or Fantasy?

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doot
55 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

1) Hmmm...I'd have to say Alien is a true classic for me 

2) I'm so sorry how could I forget :billie: Please link me and I'll ask away

3) Well the thing that has inspired me the most is going to a Gaga concert in 2011 in LA and seeing her on stage was truly one of the best experiences of my life! I was on a major high that night of pure joy and happiness. That was probably the moment I knew I wanted to make music my career

 

ALIEN! :vegas:

 

3) That is beautiful! Glad you got to experience that!

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
15 minutes ago, datlastfam said:

Is there any thing related to Gaga that inspired your music?

Chromatica or ARTPOP? If neither, why
 

Why Mirage instead of Hallucination or Fantasy?

1)The last song on the EP reminds me a bit of Aura. Plus, Mirage personally reminds me a LITTLE bit of Judas in the airy chorus. Overall I think all of the music has a unique sound even though one can only aspire to make music as great as Gaga!

2) Hmmm...I would defintely say Chromatica between the two. ARTPOP had a lot of ideas going on and had some highlights but Chromatica seems very consistent and is a timely album for the world and for Gaga who used music as therapy to heal

3) Mirage is something you relate to in a hot desert. Its also how I felt being in an extreme environment cult and wandering year after year awaiting a paradise that would never come. Plus, the title fit a bit more with the vibe of the song and how I wanted to tell the story. 

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dit

thx for tagging! I'll ask the same questions I asked in the other thread:

1. What program do you use to produce your music?

2. How long have you been producing, singing and writing?

3. Would you be open to working with other indie artists on production or lyrics etc..? 

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster
44 minutes ago, dit said:

thx for tagging! I'll ask the same questions I asked in the other thread:

1. What program do you use to produce your music?

2. How long have you been producing, singing and writing?

3. Would you be open to working with other indie artists on production or lyrics etc..? 

 

No problem! I answered in the OP :billie:

Listen to my new single "Dance in the Flames" on 10/24/20 - Sapphire Phoenix
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
dit
14 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

No problem! I answered in the OP :billie:

OMG I LEGIT skimmed through to see if my questions were there but I thought I did not see them :air: 

---

just got to read your answers and this one was really beautiful: 

17 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

When I was born, I was given the middle name, Jay, after the Blue Jay bird. I wanted a stage name that was personal to me, but also extended into an artistic expression of myself. Interestingly, my birthday is in September and the birthstone of the month is Sapphire. So I saw that as a natural evolution of Blue to Sapphire which is a beautiful and valuable color and stone. The most powerful bird I could think of was a Phoenix, which is a mythical creature representing passion and fury and the power to never die and keep resurrecting itself. With my past experience of leaving the cult to pursue my dreams, I connected myself to that same Phoenix that fought to live despite being burned to ash.  Therefore, Sapphire Phoenix was born...

 

I love stage names with meaning behind them. It makes a lot of sense too. Good choice 

  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...