💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

BBMA's: Host and Icon Award Recipient announced

Dirkje

Featured Posts

Regina George
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

The highest certified solo artist in the US with 9x DIAMOND albums under his belt. He's a country music legend. He's also going to cover Shallow soon with his wife and watch Shallow rise everywhere when his cover is released

Wow good for him! It's just that when I hear the word "icon" I think of someone who had HUGE impact like Madonna, Michael, Bowie.... I guess they are basing this on success and that's okay 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KevinWright
Just now, Antonoff said:

does anybody know their parameters to pick an icon? :bear:

He is not that special. He has only sold 170 million albums just in USA.

1 minute ago, Regina George said:

Wow good for him! It's just that when I hear the word "icon" I think of someone who had HUGE impact like Madonna, Michael, Bowie.... I guess they are basing this on success and that's okay 

BBMAs is a chart based award show so their choice makes sense. 

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Regina George
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

BBMAs is a chart based award show so their choice makes sense. 

Yea I think so too 

18 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Kelly hosting: :excited:

Garth Brooks getting the Icon Award: :awkney:

Sis, he is a legend. You might not be aware of his legend status so giving you the benefit of doubt, here's something for ya :huntyga:

14 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

His name is Garth, not Gareth :poot: it's right there in the OP

The highest certified solo artist in the US with 157 million album units sold and 9 DIAMOND albums under his belt. He's a country music legend. He's also going to cover Shallow soon with his wife and watch Shallow rise everywhere when his cover is released

Legends covering legends :legend:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Reality
8 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Sis, he is a legend. You might not be aware of his legend status so here's something for ya :huntyga:

I just don't particularly care for him or his music :ohwell:

🃏🖤👹

Ladygagalover

This is huge. He’s going to be releasing his cover of Shallow, probably to coincide with the show. That will be even more publicity and awareness for Gaga and her brand going into Grammy season! Gaga will definitely be there and will be performing.

16 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

They chose the best selling solo act in US history, that's a pretty good parameter 

I'll admit, I wasn't aware of his career achievements too until a few weeks back when it was announced that him and his wife will be covering Shallow. I had heard the name before and was curious to know more, only to find out all of what I mentioned before in this thread.

Not only is this deserved, it's overdue. They waited for him to sell an unbelievable 157M albums, almost all of them pure album sales, to give him this? :air:

10 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I just don't particularly care for him or his music :ohwell:

Which is totally fine. I don't either. Just that we all should be aware and cognizant of his career achievements before we (in general) go around throwing shade at the best selling solo artist in US history. He more than deserves this.

911 pop emergency!

He is about to release a cover of Shallow. He might perform it here.

The song that just lives on and on and on.

He is HUGE by the way, youngsters. Imagine if Gaga, Arianna, Drake, Rihanna and the weeknd collaborated. Thats garth Brooks in his genre.

giskardsb
26 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

does anybody know their parameters to pick an icon? :bear:

there is literally no parameter you can think of that Garth Brooks wouldn't still top the list, unless you are just going to exclude Country Music completely, or are just going to completely ignore sales, tours, charts, and impact on his industry.

25 minutes ago, KORG said:

911 pop emergency!

He is about to release a cover of Shallow. He might perform it here.

The song that just lives on and on and on.

He is HUGE by the way, youngsters. Imagine if Gaga, Arianna, Drake, Rihanna and the weeknd collaborated. Thats garth Brooks in his genre.

Imagine him covering Bradley's parts and Gaga does her own? :O 

Stanlist: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Fifth Harmony girls, unperfect, Grace VanderWaal, Rina Sawayama

Archived