💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Controversial ranking of current main pop girls (2014 vs 2020)

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, The Clown said:

If this was 2013 and you were talking about Katy Perry, I would agree and would add that that kind of act sacrifices longevivity for quick hits.

But Taylor isn't like that, sorry.

She has constantly evolved throughout her career, from Country Star to Mainstream US Pop Princess to one of the biggest, most recognizable and respected worldwide artists ever.

Her catalogue is extremely diverse and her artistic vision is everchanging. Fearless is very different from 1989 wich is different from reputation wich is different from folklore. Both sonically and thematically.

She's a good vocalist and an impressive songwriter. And she is iconic.

You don't have to take other female artists down just to make Gaga look good by comparison. Gaga's already slaying without stooping to that level.

I didn’t ‘put Taylor down’ to make Gaga look good, they’re too different to compare.

I’ve listened to Taylor’s music and I think it’s bland and uninspiring. It’s my opinion. I don’t think she’s taken any exciting risks in her career. She sells a lot and breaks lots of records, good for her, but her music and visuals are both basic.

DiskoBaby

This is very sexist and is why gay pop fans are seen as “toxic” constantly pitting women against each other, ranking them to some sort of hierarchy

I appreciate that they took BeyoncĂ© off of the list for 2020. She really isn’t a “main girl” and forged her own lane

MaryJaneHolland
3 hours ago, Taylucifer said:

Didn't Say So and Gooba (or whatever she was on) both go number one:ohwell:

Say So was about to go no1 anyway. Her feature was removed on the charts after like 2 weeks and Doja kept charting solo.

TROLLZ broke record for biggest drop from #1, leaving the top40 in its second week.

Move Ya Body broke record for biggest drop ever (80 spots).

Her "success" is the most frontloaded ever, driven by her fanbase, and lasting only a week.

Glamourpuss

This is too negative. Please stop comparing artists against each other and calling them flops if they don't do so well in the charts. You know the effect this has had on Gaga's self esteem so stop doing it with everyone else as well. It's toxic. 

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived