🎃 Spotify Playlist 🎃

Sign in to follow this  
society

College Professor Suspended After Wishing Trump Supporters Would Die

JRCF29

A professor at Marshall University has been suspended after video surfaced of her telling students that she hoped Trump supporters “all die before the election”, according to the Virginia University. Jennifer Mosher made the comments in a virtual class meeting and has since been removed from the classroom, pending an investigation and report. 

Mosher appeared to be upset that some Trump supporters don’t wear masks in public settings, elaborating that she’s “become the type of person where I hope they all get [COVID-19] and die.” The University said in a statement that the remarks were inappropriate, and that it doesn’t permit the use of a teaching platform to “belittle or wish harm on those holding differing political views.” 

COVID-19 has killed roughly 200,000 people in the U.S, and over 950,000 worldwide. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anti-trump-professors-coronavirus-wish-for-presidents-supporters-gets-her-suspended.amp

Don't Call Me Gaga
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

djBuffoon

I wouldn’t go that far, but... I can see where she’s coming from. 

and that’s all I’m gonna say. :zilla:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

homomo
22 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

The University said in a statement that the remarks were inappropriate, and that it doesn’t permit the use of a teaching platform to “belittle or wish harm on those holding differing political views.”

I mean, their differing political views are what’s killing people.

edit: a little digging and I see only right-wing news sources are reporting on this

Edited by homomo
  • Like 2

Supersonic

That was just her freedom of speech, I thought Americans were very adamant about protecting freedom of speech?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Faysalaaa
23 minutes ago, homomo said:

I mean, their differing political views are what’s killing people. But that university can go off I guess 

He did not wish death to people who dont wear masks, he wished death to Trump supporters. Also, hes a professor in a college, its weird that hes wishing death to people and his own students.

Edited by Faysalaaa

Delulu Rogers

Good. Imagine if this was said by a right winger. A double standard shouldn’t exist and the right action was taken. Teachers, regardless of their personal views, should not  ever be saying stuff like this regardless if others hold the same view. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

littlepotter
7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

That was just her freedom of speech, I thought Americans were very adamant about protecting freedom of speech?

You're better than this :triggered: freedom of speech does not equate no consequences. She's not in prison.

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 2

littlepotter

I mean, who of us has never once wished that all homophobes would die or something. But like we do this in our hearts not out loud to students :bear:  

can you hear me come undone?
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

M Monstre

I mean...... :trollga:

• Like 1

gagaxsebert

I just want to know if a Trump supporter said something similar would the same be done :trollga:

Used to be HighRoad
  • Thanks 4

Faysalaaa
13 minutes ago, gagaxsebert said:

I just want to know if a Trump supporter said something similar would the same be done :trollga:

If a college PROFESSOR said he wishes all Democrats would die, I think he would be suspended

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Like 2

HeavyMetalLover

Well.

phx5e5enks2qbwe.jpg

Poor choice of words but I understand her perspective. Republicans have f*cked this country. Not saying other parties aren’t bad, but they are their in the own league of subhuman.

i don't remember ARTPOP
  • Like 4
  • Shook 1

Chromatican

I think professors should be able to express their views, but shouldn't wish death on people like this. And it is not an infringement of free speech for employers to punish hateful speech. I don't get the lack of nuance in these conversations.

• Like 2

CautiousLurker

She should have just stopped at wishing they get covid - she would have been fine :enigma:

this thread is now officially sexualized | he/him/huntim

Dukttapetoo

2hslonvyhao51.jpg

looks like she's not the only one

My name is Intalis, Papa Nein Juan-Juan
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 3