💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Declan McKenna

monster4life231

Featured Posts

monster4life231

Hi,

I'm making this thread to promote a talented young artist called Declan McKenna. His music is mostly indie-rock with some elements of glam-rock, heavily inspired by Bowie and other 70s and 80s artists. Many of his songs are political and deal with social issues. I think he's an amazing musician. I've left some videos below for you guys to have a look at. Enjoy. :)

spread peace - #MJInnocent

I love his new album. The first album wasn't really my cup of tea but was promising so I'm glad he came through with the second one

Musery

monster4life231
10 minutes ago, gag said:

Brazil is one of the best debut singles of all time :applause:

Agreed!

1 minute ago, Ryusei said:

I love his new album. The first album wasn't really my cup of tea but was promising so I'm glad he came through with the second one

To me Zeros seems more refined, I feel like the first album was used to explore his sound and musical direction. He was so close to a number one album! 

monster4life231
10 minutes ago, youandi said:

I love him and adore his second album! Be An Astronaut deservea to become a modern classic but unlikely 

Reviewed it here if anyone is interested 

https://tomtriesmusic.wordpress.com/2020/09/08/declan-mckenna-zeros-album-review/

I'll have a look at the review :)

Be An Astronaut is awesome! 

6 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

I'll have a look at the review :)

Be An Astronaut is awesome! 

Thank you! Not been doing it long so it's nothing special but do enjoy writing 

I Adore Decky Mecky :heart: been following him ever since I heard Brazil. Although I would say the new album hasn't grown on me yet.

Here's a cover he did of Beyonce's Hold Up, that I love

Ouch, My back hurts.

monster4life231
18 hours ago, PlasticWeave said:

omg isn't he the actor of the guy in Black Mirror: Shut up and dance??

He looks like him! In the first video I linked Declan and the actor (Alex Lawther) are both in it.

monster4life231
On 9/19/2020 at 7:15 PM, youandi said:

Thank you! Not been doing it long so it's nothing special but do enjoy writing 

Sorry for the late reply. Your review is great! One of my favourite lines in the album is "fastest gun in the solar system" too. After reading your interpretation of Be An Astronaut, I think that the meanings you found could be true. As soon as I heard The Key To Life On Earth, the first thing I thought of was Bowie's Ashes to Ashes! It's those synth/guitar sounds in the intro that reminded me of it. 

My favourite line from the review was "looking to music and the past to make sense of the present and the future."

Great writing and thank you for sharing. :D 

15 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

Sorry for the late reply. Your review is great! One of my favourite lines in the album is "fastest gun in the solar system" too. After reading your interpretation of Be An Astronaut, I think that the meanings you found could be true. As soon as I heard The Key To Life On Earth, the first thing I thought of was Bowie's Ashes to Ashes! It's those synth/guitar sounds in the intro that reminded me of it. 

My favourite line from the review was "looking to music and the past to make sense of the present and the future."

Great writing and thank you for sharing. :D 

Wow that's really nice of you to say! Thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoyed it :hug:

monster4life231

@youandi @Avenues @gag @Ryusei 

Hi,

Just found this on Youtube. It's a demo of a song that was going to be on Zeroes. Though that you might be interested. :)

Edit:

Here's another too.

Archived