💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica is Gagas most cohesive album imo

erfaan

Featured Posts

Now that we've had Chromatica for a few months, I do believe it's her most cohesive work yet. From beginning to end, there's such a clear journey of healing. As Gaga said, Chromatica healed her. Healing isn't a linear process, there's ups, downs, you take a step forward only to take two steps back. Chromatica truly is a representation of Gaga's journey.

Here's my track by track review (that no one asked for) on an album that is a journey of healing and why this is Gaga's most cohesive story yet.

Chromatica I:

This has to be one of the most beautiful interludes to open an album. I think Gaga sums this up best. It starts off hopeful but as you begin to face your reality, the sound begins to turn into the “Pending doom that is what happens if you face what scares you"

Alice: 

Paired with Chromatica I, this is hands down the best opening to a Gaga album. “Could you pull me out of this alive” opens up the track and Gaga is begging to be saved from her own demons. The song’s throbbing baseline hits home the darkness of this journey but she hasn’t given up just yet. “Take me home, Take me to wonderland”

Stupid Love:

Things instantly get lighter. The journey to self healing begins with Stupid Love. Gaga is hopeful, fighting to be more secure and feels confident to find love again. Although “I want your Stupid Love” may seem simple and almost mundane, it’s a fight to forget about your insecurities in order to enjoy love. The line “Could this love protect me from the pain/I will battle for you” foreshadows the personal journey that’s about to come. 

Rain On Me:

We now arrive at Rain On Me, which is one again a battle cry but not for love but for healing from ones reality and darkness. This song can only be sung by two incredibly strong women, who have survived intense life experiences; Gaga and Ariana. 

Free Woman:

We’re still on the journey of healing and self acceptance. The song begins with Gaga reflecting on her own journey and once again is singing about coming to terms with her reality “Don’t fight it/but if I’m gonna go for it/I’ll remember it tonight” only this time she’s beginning to believe and celebrate it. 

Fun Tonight:

Things begin to take a slight turn from the light hearted and thumping baselines of the past three songs. The song represents the sudden darkness that appears out of nowhere when you’re so close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in feeling more positive. “Feeling something that I can explain/This moment has hijacked my plans"

Chromatica II:

This interlude instantly begins darker than the first interlude. The ending is almost sinister and makes you feel as if something bad is looming…

911:

What a track (and that video!!) The first word that comes to mind is “self-descructive”. It’s dark, twisted and heavy. “My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911”. Gaga is willing to do anything to dig herself out of her grave that she’s willing to flirt with the idea of substance abuse. 

Plastic Doll:

We’re still in the darker part of the album. Gaga begins reflecting how she’s felt so used and abused in her past relationships with men. In its more deeper meaning, this song is about how the industry has treated her as a machine “I’m state of mind/I’m microchipped”. The bridge is most definitely a conversation from fans and the media reacting to her depression and critiquing her past creative decisions  (Where’d you get that hat) Looks so sad/What is this saga). Also Plastic Doll is an incredible metaphor. The idea of referencing Barbie adds light to what is inherently a dark song. 

Sour Candy:

Bop of the album! No question. The song continues with the dark undertones of the second half of the album. With Sour Candy, Gaga comes back to this idea of acceptanc; she comes with baggage, which some may find difficult to swallow (like sour candy). 

Enigma:

We’re continuing on the journey of reflecting, only this time there’s more progress “Can’t stop staring/I’m so naked”. With Enigma, Gaga's starting to feel more confident and knows that she can be whoever she wants. She also returns to flirting with the idea in Stupid Love about “Breaking the stigma” and finding love. The breakdown in the song is groovy and incredibly infectious. 

Replay:

With Replay, Gaga's finally accepted that her trauma will continue to be with her and she won’t be able to get rid of them “The scars on my mind are on replay”. We’ll soon find out that accepting this fact was pivotal to find healing. The 

Chromatica III:

We begin to feel more hopeful. It’s almost as if we’re arriving at a realisation. 

Sine from Above

This song is epic as hell. What a way to begin the end of the album. Gaga is reflecting on everything she’s learnt through her journey in this album. Through all the pain, music was always there with her. That ending sent me...

1000 Doves:

A completely vulnerably beautiful song. Gaga finally comes to terms that she’s human. She admits that she’s not perfect but through it all she knows exactly who she is and exactly what she wants to say. She’s finally free. 

Babylon

What do you do when you’ve come to the end of a journey? You celebrate and dance! What a fun track. This song is Vogue on Acid. Not only is Gaga having the most fun on this track but we’re right there with her. Finally, she’s accepted her reality and this time she’s doing it unapologetically. 

Anyway :derpga: This is my interpretation of the album as a whole. Am I reaching? What are your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Earthfan said:

Shat is this saga

:billie:

Ot : really enjoyed reading your review, it sums up the album pretty well

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

7 minutes ago, MyNameIsNotAlice said:

:billie:

Ot : really enjoyed reading your review, it sums up the album pretty well

Should've proof read this :triggered:

OMg. The journey follows a sine wave. First it's mysterious, then it rises to climax with SL, ROM and then FT, 911, it goes down. Sour Candy is like atonal- no emotion, and then Enigma is an explosion. Idk.... But i think the journey is very cyclothymic. Exploring the ups and downs of depression. 

hello hello baby.

high heeled fem

Brilliant album 

just replace the FW album version with the demo 

& add 2 more songs (cause as cute as fun tonight and plastic doll are they sound like old gaga is fame area.. ) I wanna hear the bsides 

Alice my number 1 song she’s ever done :giveup:

14 minutes ago, high heeled fem said:

Brilliant album 

just replace the FW album version with the demo 

& add 2 more songs (cause as cute as fun tonight and plastic doll are they sound like old gaga is fame area.. ) I wanna hear the bsides 

Alice my number 1 song she’s ever done :giveup:

I personally love the FW album version and all this demo love is tiredddddd

CharlieCashmere
12 hours ago, Earthfan said:

Now that we've had Chromatica for a few months, I do believe it's her most cohesive work yet. From beginning to end, there's such a clear journey of healing. As Gaga said, Chromatica healed her. Healing isn't a linear process, there's ups, downs, you take a step forward only to take two steps back. Chromatica truly is a representation of Gaga's journey.

Here's my track by track review (that no one asked for) on an album that is a journey of healing and why this is Gaga's most cohesive story yet.

Chromatica I:

This has to be one of the most beautiful interludes to open an album. I think Gaga sums this up best. It starts off hopeful but as you begin to face your reality, the sound begins to turn into the “Pending doom that is what happens if you face what scares you"

Alice: 

Paired with Chromatica I, this is hands down the best opening to a Gaga album. “Could you pull me out of this alive” opens up the track and Gaga is begging to be saved from her own demons. The song’s throbbing baseline hits home the darkness of this journey but she hasn’t given up just yet. “Take me home, Take me to wonderland”

Stupid Love:

Things instantly get lighter. The journey to self healing begins with Stupid Love. Gaga is hopeful, fighting to be more secure and feels confident to find love again. Although “I want your Stupid Love” may seem simple and almost mundane, it’s a fight to forget about your insecurities in order to enjoy love. The line “Could this love protect me from the pain/I will battle for you” foreshadows the personal journey that’s about to come. 

Rain On Me:

We now arrive at Rain On Me, which is one again a battle cry but not for love but for healing from ones reality and darkness. This song can only be sung by two incredibly strong women, who have survived intense life experiences; Gaga and Ariana. 

Free Woman:

We’re still on the journey of healing and self acceptance. The song begins with Gaga reflecting on her own journey and once again is singing about coming to terms with her reality “Don’t fight it/but if I’m gonna go for it/I’ll remember it tonight” only this time she’s beginning to believe and celebrate it. 

Fun Tonight:

Things begin to take a slight turn from the light hearted and thumping baselines of the past three songs. The song represents the sudden darkness that appears out of nowhere when you’re so close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in feeling more positive. “Feeling something that I can explain/This moment has hijacked my plans"

Chromatica II:

This interlude instantly begins darker than the first interlude. The ending is almost sinister and makes you feel as if something bad is looming…

911:

What a track (and that video!!) The first word that comes to mind is “self-descructive”. It’s dark, twisted and heavy. “My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911”. Gaga is willing to do anything to dig herself out of her grave that she’s willing to flirt with the idea of substance abuse. 

Plastic Doll:

We’re still in the darker part of the album. Gaga begins reflecting how she’s felt so used and abused in her past relationships with men. In its more deeper meaning, this song is about how the industry has treated her as a machine “I’m state of mind/I’m microchipped”. The bridge is most definitely a conversation from fans and the media reacting to her depression and critiquing her past creative decisions  (Where’d you get that hat) Looks so sad/What is this saga). Also Plastic Doll is an incredible metaphor. The idea of referencing Barbie adds light to what is inherently a dark song. 

Sour Candy:

Bop of the album! No question. The song continues with the dark undertones of the second half of the album. With Sour Candy, Gaga comes back to this idea of acceptanc; she comes with baggage, which some may find difficult to swallow (like sour candy). 

Enigma:

We’re continuing on the journey of reflecting, only this time there’s more progress “Can’t stop staring/I’m so naked”. With Enigma, Gaga's starting to feel more confident and knows that she can be whoever she wants. She also returns to flirting with the idea in Stupid Love about “Breaking the stigma” and finding love. The breakdown in the song is groovy and incredibly infectious. 

Replay:

With Replay, Gaga's finally accepted that her trauma will continue to be with her and she won’t be able to get rid of them “The scars on my mind are on replay”. We’ll soon find out that accepting this fact was pivotal to find healing. The 

Chromatica III:

We begin to feel more hopeful. It’s almost as if we’re arriving at a realisation. 

Sine from Above

This song is epic as hell. What a way to begin the end of the album. Gaga is reflecting on everything she’s learnt through her journey in this album. Through all the pain, music was always there with her. That ending sent me...

1000 Doves:

A completely vulnerably beautiful song. Gaga finally comes to terms that she’s human. She admits that she’s not perfect but through it all she knows exactly who she is and exactly what she wants to say. She’s finally free. 

Babylon

What do you do when you’ve come to the end of a journey? You celebrate and dance! What a fun track. This song is Vogue on Acid. Not only is Gaga having the most fun on this track but we’re right there with her. Finally, she’s accepted her reality and this time she’s doing it unapologetically. 

Anyway :derpga: This is my interpretation of the album as a whole. Am I reaching? What are your thoughts?

This is a great analysis. Several points were made! And yes, I do agree that it's her most cohesive album yet, from start to finish (even if you include the bonus track Love Me Right)

Archived