opinion

One of her best visual eras so far

warhol killer

Featured Posts

Katsuki Bakugo
Just now, pop ate my heart said:

well that's a first.... and a last..

Iā€™m speechless!Ā 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlastiscGuy
36 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

I donā€™t understand.

Same with TF, I only liked the music from those eras. The aesthetic and the music videos weren't my favorite either (except for Paparazzi)Ā :green:Ā the tour on the other side, was really fun, but that's all.Ā 

Ā 

In my opinion, the BTW era was more creative in every single aspect, and the AP era was the most aesthetically pleasing :shrug:

Ā 

PG.

SevenWonder

I've loved this era. I think I've listened to and watched 911 about 100 times today! It's definitely my favorite video of Gaga's in a long time (I won't say ever)..

Oh absolutely. Visually, this era has been a f*cking gift to witness. I am so happy we got all of these different looks, visuals and eye candy.

1 hour ago, Phlop said:

Joanne hadĀ a consistently consistentĀ aesthetic thooo Chromatica has been somewhat messy and unfocusedĀ 

Sure, Joanne was aesthetically consistent. However, Chromatica is a huge world with many different ideas, themes and layers. Stupid Love, Rain on Me and 911 are all different in their own right. I would not expect the Babylon music video (should there be one) to be similar to Sine From Above, or 1000 Doves for example.

I think the Rain On Me video is what many people associate 'Chromatica' with: nighttime, futuristic, rave dances etc. I think that's one aspect, but so is the Chromatica we see in the 911 video.Ā 

2 hours ago, Phlop said:

Joanne still had a better overall aesthetic but this is goodĀ 

Joanne's was not bad per se, it was kind of poor so it is her worst.

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Same with TF, I only liked the music from those eras. The aesthetic and the music videos weren't my favorite either (except for Paparazzi)Ā :green:Ā the tour on the other side, was really fun, but that's all.Ā 

Ā 

In my opinion, the BTW era was more creative in every single aspect, and the AP era was the most aesthetically pleasing :shrug:

Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m still failing to understand this.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

8 hours ago, HybridAT said:

I mean, yeah. Credit to both, obviously and more to Marta, true. But people saying that Nicola has lost his touch in fashion is just absurd at best and delusional at worst.

True true. I think itā€™s really more that heā€™s just not the super young wĆ¼nderkind he was when he started with Gaga. Heā€™s a big name now and generally the cool, fresh innovative stuff that Gaga does is driven by young people (like Marta) because they're naturally just more in touch with whatā€™s happening. Nicola is still great, for sure, but I just wanted to take an opportunity to give credit to someone who it seems people on this site are not super aware of but whose look and aesthetic has basically been critical to the foundation of the Chromatica aesthetic. Imo she breathed new life into Gagaā€™s imagery by tapping her back into young, hot, club kidĀ NY fashion again (again, because those are her roots as well).

Within this, I think Nicolaā€™s job is overall visionary and top level stuff which is still really critical and cool and he hired Marta so he canā€™t have ā€œlost itā€. It takes a good eye to hire good talent and help guide and refine an image especially one as complex and ever-evolving as an album campaign like Gagaā€™s that spans multiple appearances and videos for several months. Each look and decisionĀ has to be cohesive but still distinctive, collaborative but also fairly singular in its vision. So credit where credit is due. Nicola has done a great job helping Gaga create a vision for Chromatica that is timely, fresh, distinctive, and Gaga while Marta has fit seamlessly into the Haus of Gagaā€™s dynamics and selected beautiful and disturbing looks that highlight Gagaā€™s newly found desire to be kookier again. Also not an easy feat (even Gaga admits sheā€™s hard to style for lol).

8 hours ago, Melisandre said:

Chromatica is her best era hands down! even with the pandemic and leaks!Ā 
Ā 

Number 1 album

Number 1 single

Top 5 lead single

Incredibly highĀ view counts for Gaga.

Fantastic visuals in album artwork

Dark electronic pop music that gays lust for!

The best collabs in the game!Ā 

Redeemed with an Ariana Grande song.Ā 

cohesive vision!Ā 

Vocally live performance fantastic!Ā 

All thoseĀ crazy outfit changes in one night!!

911 video not being a danceĀ videoĀ but a thought provoking high art video that had a HIGH POC cast as well as fantastic references.Ā 
Ā 

She actually delivered everything she promised this era... Not one broken promise... Iā€™m scared!Ā 

This stan from 2008 who is almost 30 is so impressed and happy! I have no complaints. Not one, all summer!
Ā 

Ā 

Same. When rumors of the Ariana collab were brewing I was concerned, to say the least, since I havenā€™t tended to like her music very much and wasnā€™t sure how well sheā€™d mesh with Gagaā€™s amped up aesthetic for Chromatica. They really surprised me, though, and I was vert happy to see Ariana game to jump into Gagaā€™s world the same as BeyoncĆ© was for Telephone. Itā€™s very generous of an artist to do that for a feature.

Archived