Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Full Explanation of 911 (Bulleted)

Quartz

Featured Posts

My god, the first time watching it felt like such a dream. That feeling of, within a dream your actions and what you see just make sense. Even if they're bizarre and unexplained, it somehow feels natural. And when you're awake, thinking back on it, how sooo weird it was. When you're awake, it sort of makes sense in your brain, remembering how it felt 100% normal in the dream, but you have a hard time putting into actual spoken words how to explain it. Her dream/mind blocking the trauma keeping her stuck, distorting reality, on a thin line between fantasy and reality, just enough to keep her in. Then suddenly awake, everything coming together, realizing a truth. That's the sensation I was feeling. And one of my alltime favorite film directors, David Lynch, captures this essence so perfectly, especially in Twin Peaks The Return and Mulholland Drive. Just a mastermind of surrealist and dream cinema. God. I REALLLLLLY WANT Lynch to direct a Lady Gaga music video soooo badly; or even have her in a future series or film of his. It would be this, x 10. His mind is incredible and I felt a taste of what could be. This was a refreshing experience for me and I hope Gaga explores more of this dreamy surrealism in her career.

edit: maybe this is grasping at straws here, but i noticed the Latin paramedic's ring had 3 X's, and the other one was just a solid line, maybe a 1? 31? Gaga's age during Joanne? She's wearing a signature white crop top at the end, perhaps signifying that time in her life where she was struggling with being Lady Gaga, and stripped down to try to dissociate Stefani from Gaga? Trying to find herself, feeling sad about being Lady Gaga, etc etc. I mean, I think the outfit alone already references her Joanne era self without the rings, I was just trying to look into if there's significance with his rings. Why would one of them have 3 X's if there weren't a reason for it?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AkariGaga said:

Reference for her role in AHS?

I thought of her "dolls" inside "diamond boxes"; she puts a paper doll in that fancy bejeweled box, then it immediately cuts to the scene with that dolls hand in the foreground (more up close and real of course), possible signifying being "inside" the box for the next scene for a bit? It's like putting her mind/self into a safe place to guard itself from trauma to try and forget it, but it feels very real. I think of the show Mr. Robot and how it tackles PTSD in a similar way without spoiling too much...

Theory: when the transition hits to 911, that's when the wreck happens.  When 911 starts, the pillow guy immediately is shown.  After that, you see from his POV.  This is him seeing Gaga before hitting her.  Him going "sideways" is his car swerving.

Spyro the Dragon

8 hours ago, Spyro said:

Theory: when the transition hits to 911, that's when the wreck happens.  When 911 starts, the pillow guy immediately is shown.  After that, you see from his POV.  This is him seeing Gaga before hitting her.  Him going "sideways" is his car swerving.

Then why’s the broken bike shown before that...? I recon she is hit first by a different car 

22 hours ago, Quartz said:

35) LG Advertisement - 'Life is good.' Ironic, isn't it?

That's exactly what I was sayin' in the thread about product placement :pawsup:

Follow every rainbow till you find your dream

2 hours ago, st3ppy said:

Then why’s the broken bike shown before that...? I recon she is hit first by a different car 

I'll take back what I said about when the crash happened.... you're right

Spyro the Dragon

StrawberryBlond

Great explanation, covered little bits and pieces that I didn't quite realise or questioned before. I think the bit involve the spinning umbrella was particularly cute, would never have guessed that! I'd like to know the origin of her outfits, all they traditional Armenian inspired garb or are they just random choices?

My only addition to your list is that right after the moment where her soul is leaving her body and she gets pulled back down to earth, she briefly is pulled back into reality for a split second at 2:16. It's so quick, like a subliminal message, but it's there and a good little glimpse into the future and proof that she had briefly resumed consciousness before we reach the end of the video.

There’s so many great little details with the fashion itself that I’ve been noticing while rewatching—but they might be far-fetched too. Like Gaga’s pearl earrings where she steps into the mission are similar to the nurse’s earrings in real life. Don’t know if it’s intentional but a cool detail maybe

20 hours ago, MonsterMom said:

What was the full body black flower costume representing towards the end?

I think it’s a visual representation of what happens to the body right before death: neurons and neural pathways light up minutes before body functions cease. I think it’s also why it was displayed on the wall too, and Gaga turns to the camera with this sort of resigned expression; like there’s no further saving her.

gaga balancing a doll (herself) and a box (coffin) like she is a scale is a symbol for her fight to stay alive after the accident imo

You will learn respect!

Did anyone cover this? Still a mystery...

*The solo bracelet on her right wrist-- Question: when y'all go to the hospital, what side do they usually put the ID bracelet? 

*Choreo in the Red Bleeding Look -- Richy alludes to every movement having meaning. I kinda see this marionette movement and the "I'm a little teapot" dance, several hand to mouth moves and then a distinct 2 finger gesture when she says the "1-1" part. So, thinking of Gagas past, and the words of the chorus, these could be allusions to: feeling like a (plastic) doll, drinking alcohol, popping pills and or moving medics air mask, and eating disorders (two fingers to vomit).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSbnjzFBH8tRkWyv3SSAeDY3_JTE_TmaxhFow0/?igshid=1bnht5y1jneev 

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

pachinko
2 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Did anyone cover this? Still a mystery...

*The solo bracelet on her right wrist-- Question: when y'all go to the hospital, what side do they usually put the ID bracelet? 

*Choreo in the Red Bleeding Look -- Richy alludes to every movement having meaning. I kinda see this marionette movement and the "I'm a little teapot" dance, several hand to mouth moves and then a distinct 2 finger gesture when she says the "1-1" part. So, thinking of Gagas past, and the words of the chorus, these could be allusions to: feeling like a (plastic) doll, drinking alcohol, popping pills and or moving medics air mask, and eating disorders (two fingers to vomit).

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSbnjzFBH8tRkWyv3SSAeDY3_JTE_TmaxhFow0/?igshid=1bnht5y1jneev 

I thought it was the bike pedal that broke off into her ankle?

CharlieCashmere

Do you guys remember when Gaga had that ShowStudio interview in 2010 and she was talking about Marina Abramovic and she said Marina's work makes her want to go home and "slit her wrists because she's achieved no sense of art" or how she used to tell interviewers that she still  feels as if she's a baby in terms of her career? I feel like 10 years later this video in particular is an apt indicator of the type of art Gaga wants to make/the type of artist she wants to be and now I get the sense that she's moving in the direction of feeling more secure and confident in her artistic vision and vantage point as a performance artist. Even though all her videos are laden with artistic references and deep symbolism, there's something about 911 that just FEELS like it could be shown at MoMA much like Marina's work was, you know? Like it's light years beyond her other videos (and I say that as a huge fan). Gaga has really grown throughout the last 10 years and I am really excited/eager to see where she's going to do next.

On 9/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, pachinko said:

I thought it was the bike pedal that broke off into her ankle?

Oh idk.  Did you see something specific about that?

7 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I thought the paramedic was supposed to be Rihanna from the Met Gala few years ago.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

Archived