Product placement at the end of 911 MV

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malazam
9 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Yep, that was so unnecessary and it cheapens the dramatic finale. I was so pumped all throughout the video until that very moment. I hate it. :bear:

What? That's one of the smartest product placements ever.

Life's Good? Duh.

another shot before we kiss the other side

10 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Yep, that was so unnecessary and it cheapens the dramatic finale. I was so pumped all throughout the video until that very moment. I hate it. :bear:

I thought that was the perfect product placement 😂 What better than LG

1 hour ago, bluemonkey said:

It’s kinda like we get why but it is distracting and takes away the emotional impact of the ending.

I felt like they could have done it any time through the video especially since most of the shots were static so it would be less bothersome if it was just placed behind them like a set piece or as a cutaway. I don’t mind product placements as I understand it’s they videos get funded but they could’ve done it more subtle

But with Gaga whatever she does it has some relevance. People bagged Telephone for being one long sponsor ad reel but it’s part of the music video itself. She knows this is what needs to be done, money needs to keep flowing because the record label itself doesn’t want to overspend and they probably can’t even afford to during the pandemic and the social unrest in the US and other parts of the globe. The way she incorporates it in videos is her doing it the best way possible to fit with the song itself

SMILE2NE1

It's deliberate and ironic. Consumerism is often indifferent and incongruent with real life. She wanted you to feel ajar, and she was obviously successful lol. 

It doesn’t even read as product placement to me. It seemed purposeful and to be honest I thought it was brilliant to have her initials flashing with the slogan “life’s good” while she was dying in the middle of the street. If anything, I’d bet that Gaga asked LG to be in the video, not the other way around. 

IllusionLover

Ironically I watched it on my phone which is a LG phone :billie:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

10 hours ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

Because you didn't understand it?

Archived