throwback

Honeymoon by LDR turns 5

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reject False Icons

It’s the one I listen to the less, but it has good songs. I was excited for the high by the beach premiere and it was kinda disappointing :ohwell: but funny at the end :laughga:

StrawberryBlond

At the time, my least fave album from her, over time, my third least favourite. And understand that I believe Lana's albums to be of such high quality that even her worst album is still very good (I rated it 4.5/5). Its aged brilliantly. I love Honeymoon, Music To Watch Boys To, God Knows I Tried, High By The Beach, Freak, Religion, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24, Swan Song and her cover of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. Basically, the only one that I didn't like was Art Deco, I still don't really know what it's doing there, and Terence Loves You was a bit too slow and the bridge is the only part I truly like. It's an album that's probably one of her most eclectic, blending many subtle styles. There's no solid reason behind why she pays its dust when it comes to live setlists but I highly suspect it's because she was going through a very hard time in her personal life during the promo trail of that record for which we can only speculate.

7 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Okay. I’m gonna piss some people off, but this album is one I go so back forth on. 
Everything from the visual aesthetic to the overall sonic vibe is so far up my alley, and I love it for those things, but there’ll be days where I think it’s just the biggest snooze fest of all time, and days where I thinks a masterpiece. 

It’s a weird one for me, and it’s probably my least favourite of Lana’s discography to date. 

I feel like I feel similar. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a snoozefest but my opinion changes all the time 

it remains as her best and most underrated album to be absolutely honest, so dreamy, atmospheric and beautiful

i love how experimental she went on this one, she tried several genred and still managed to make it sound cohesive

terrence loves you for f sake :flutter: i live for the jazzy vibes

... and now i just sit in silence.

My least favorites Lana album. I had the hardest time getting into it. I now like more than half the songs! :vegas:

pop ate my heart

it's her most ambitious yet cohesive piece of music yet. you can tell she was in a creative peak here. so beautiful, exquisite and unique. her magnum opus really. tho it's not her most popular album, but that's just because it's way too complex and experimental for some people to enjoy and that's ok. but omg i wish she milked this era a bit more tho.

PS: Honeymoon mv is beautiful and should've been officially released, and 24 is CRIMINALLY underrated fr.

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Born This Way

My absolute favorite Lana album.

ezgif-4-e47fe8264bfa.thumb.gif.329ec87ff

I listen to it so often now which is funny because I didn't really give it much of a chance until last September. I can't believe I spent 4 years thinking it was my least favorite album by her. Honeymoon, Art Deco, Freak, The Blackest Day, Salvatore, Music To Watch Boys To, Religion, High By The Beach, God Knows I Tried, Terrance Loves You, 24 :nooo: I identify with it so much. Also, I really love how much she mentions the color blue and it's such a blue album.

Freak into Art Deco is so immaculate and they're two of my favorite songs.

Avada Kedavra I speak to destroy

Dreammonster

Honeymoon for me is a whole mood. I need to be in that mood in order to listen to it. It's beautiful, but it's my least listened to album of hers. I do have some favorites though like High by the beach, Music to watch boys to, Terrance loves you, Freak, Art Deco, Blackest Day, 24, and Swan Song. 

Archived