💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Diane Warren calls out Kanye West for his Grammy Awards video

COOOK

Featured Posts

53 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I'm sorry but I dont understand people who are offended by this. It's just a trophy, it doesn't have any real value and it's his award, he can do whatever he wants to it. He can poop on it, use it to water his plants or put it in the trash. Imagine getting a medal for rollerskating competition, it's yours, you won, but you don't really care for it, so the medal is lost somewhere in your attic. Someone finds it, covered with dust and cat poop, they tell you wow how dare you do this to your medal? You have no respect for awards. 

Why are u offended by his award? Your medal? It has no value, no meaning, it's pure illusion it means nothing, it will never impact anyone's lives, ever. It's purely an object 

I think there are other ways to protest if he wants to do it... This was just truly disrespectful 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

It not just the pissing on the award ,its his series of actions that he has done before this and this one being another cherry on the cake .

We are not going to compare gagas performance with kanye west posting a video of him pissing on a grammy in his toilet .:laughga:

We are comparing the two because they are literally talking about the same thing. How the music industry shits on artists. Twitter is the main source of communication in 2020, especially in a pandemic world. So the only difference between the two is that one of them is white and the other one is black.

1 hour ago, SLAG said:

No she’s a hag because she is. She didn’t find it a turn off. She tried to say it wasn’t music. Also how is it misogynistic to call her out for trying to trash another woman’s art?:oprah:

Art? Sweetie.  :selena:

Reality
19 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Of course it’s ok being upset by the stupid things he says but making fun of him or trashing him on social media won’t help the situation at all.

It won't, but also, he doesn't be posting stuff in the first place. Someone needs to take away his access to social media at the very least. 

30 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

She didnt say she didnt like it, though. Shes allowed not to like a song. She was being hateful, insinuated it wasnt "real music" and went on a whole rant about respectability and basically said female artists making suggestive music are not serious and have no merit.

And yes, race plays into this, because that whole thing is just another white woman policing woc and whatever they choose to do w their bodies.

Her saying it wasn't "real music" and you insinuating that it was because of her race are two separate things that don't have anything to do with each other. Yeah, Diane wasn't right to say it wasn't "real music," because that's subjective, but also, you're bringing race into something that has nothing to do with race.

Just because Diane is white and just because Cardi and Megan are WOC doesn't mean that she's "policing" them at all. You're either subconsciously or consciously making race a factor in this when it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are WOC. 

30 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

We all accepted that money and economy is important and it is since we all agreed that it is and therefore u need it to survive, but an award you can agree or not that it's not important without it having a consequence on your life so I think it's a bad example.

It's trash and gross but to say he disrespects his fans by doing it or his peers is false. It's a message, a reckless one at that, against the labels and the music industry that traps some of their artists in shady contracts to own their masters and therefore make money on their backs.

I think context is important.

But people have accepted that the Grammy awards are important, sooooooo.......What's your point? Just because a couple of whiny fans aren't happy that their fave doesn't get nominated doesn't mean that they think they're "stupid and pointless" awards. Those same fans praise the Grammys when their faves get nominated the next year or whatever. And yes, I'm also talking about Little Monsters here.

The message of saying that musicians need to be free from corporations and labels, sure, may be admirable, but he's just going about it in such the wrong way that it doesn't matter what he was trying to say in the first place. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

RenegAde
7 minutes ago, Brecht said:

We are comparing the two because they are literally talking about the same thing. How the music industry Shits on artists. Twitter is the main source of communication in 2020, especially in a pandemic world. So the only difference between the two is that one of them is white and the other one is black.

This was definitely a race issue for you , i thought as much  because they is no way someone would defend Ye's actions here if it was not because of his race or they were not his fan. 

Your views are compromised 

Be well:kiss:

ProdigyARTPOP
58 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I find it completely acceptable to piss on your Grammy. Grammys and other awards have no real value to society. So if people outside the music industry are offended, it's very odd... I could understand a musician offended by it for x reasons but even then it's Kanye's grammy, if he doesn't care about it, let him be

Especially when these awards are supposed to be symbols of your hard work and dedication and recognition by the industry and it’s truly all for show, if what he’s saying about being a slave to the industry. 

2 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

This was definitely a race issue for you , i thought as much  because they is no way someone would defend Ye's actions here if it was not because of his race or they were not his fan. 

Your views are compromised 

Be well:kiss:

1. I just gave arguments as to why I think the two are comparable meanwhile you just said they were not. I also gave arguments as to why people should not be making fun of his behavior and you just said mental illness is not an excuse.

2. I never defended his actions. I just pointed out the hypocrisy In people’s speech, especially since Gaga has done a very similar thing as to what he did with his Grammy award. 

3. How are my views compromised because I think it’s a race issue? Are your trying to imply I’m being reverse racist? Sounds like gaslighting to me. I feel like I just saw you on the racism thread the other admitting to participating in racist behavior and not thinking things through. We are trying to have a conversation and instead you dismiss everything and refuse to engage.

4. I was a fan of Kanye but haven’t given any attention to his music since Life Of Pablo because I don’t agree with his current views and also, the music hasn’t been good.

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Brecht said:

3. How are my views compromised because I think it’s a race issue? Are your trying to imply I’m being reverse racist? Sounds like gaslighting to me. I feel like I just saw you on the racism thread the other admitting to participating in racist behavior and not thinking things through. We are trying to have a conversation and instead you dismiss everything and refuse to engage.

I admitted to participating in racist behavior? Are you now the racism police ? :laughga:

gaslighting where?? :saladga:

Never accused you of anything.

There was no need bringing gaga into this . Kanye did something wrong but why did you bring up gaga based on her being white and not based on her being a woman  or based on her being a pop star as opposed to kanye being a rapper or being male.

That  is what i meant by you making this a race issue when it really isnt . you adressed him making problematic comments about abortion but never mentioned his slavery comments.

Please never you say i participated in racist behavior,  all i said was i never paid attention to the way black artist like beyonce always got negativity  but i noticed it when @Twitter pointed it out

tbh I kinda understand both Diane and Kanye here. you can respect your peers on an individual basis while still calling out the label, industry, systems, etc. I thought bringing up Gaga's "EFF YOU POP MUSIC" was appropriate for the conversation, actually -- she was clearly saying that to 'the machine' and the labels and the management and she's rebelling against that, not her fellow performers and artists. whereas the message in Kanye's tweet was more garbled than that, yeah. (and maybe it's garbled inside his brain, too, for all we know. he might have 1000mph racing thoughts that aren't rational or clear if he's in a manic phase.)

of course what Kanye did is kinda inflammatory, he wants attention drawn to something he thinks is a problem, and we know he's good at getting attention when he wants it. he's effective in that way, lol.

anyway, personally, this doesn't wind me up at all, but I can see why Diane took it the way she did. but I can also see that there's a discussion to be had about the Grammys and labels/the industry, it's just drowned out by how much of an antic Kanye made with this video, I guess.

⚡đŸČ

Archived