🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
question

Why is the MR music video hated so much?

HybridAT
18 minutes ago, mauvais said:

I love the videos as a trilogy but rather than have her return to the Apple set, she should've just performed at the piano :messga: I think they found the right vibe with the Joanne (Piano Version) video.
Sentimental but not soppy.

Her royal variety performance is The MR Performance for me.

I see your point. I'll just re-quote myself here. Feel free to disagree.

9 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Eh. I think the music video does a pretty good job of giving a glimpse into the life of Lady Gaga and her struggles, that a lot of people face in their lives too, something either of those performances don't. In the song she's looking for "a reason to stay" and the video does a good enough job of conveying that message IMO

Sometimes the way the visuals do justice to the story of a song are more effective than "stunning visuals"

But to each their own, obviously :huntyga:

And yeah, I agree with the RV performance being an amazing one. It's still one of her vocally best.

Edited by HybridAT
"...and as the artist of that [unfinished] painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again."

zerojk

Because she can do much (MUCH) better than that

it was a lazy video for a good song

• Like 2

HybridAT
29 minutes ago, zerojk said:

it was a lazy video for a good song

Disagree. It wasn't lazy. Instead, it was a personal, raw, a deep dive into her life and what goes behind the cameras and her struggles. Something that her playing piano in a lush green field with a beautiful dress and her hair blowing in the wind and/or CGI magic wouldn't have captured or expressed well.

Edited by HybridAT
"...and as the artist of that [unfinished] painting, I must fill in all the ugly holes and make it beautiful again."
  • Like 1

Da J

Because it’s bad :neyde:

Of course, that’s just my opinion. Love the song though.

Ivy
54 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

It’s a good music video. It’s nice to see a more stripped down version of her without the choreography and theatrics. 

I actually see it as very theatrical, just in a different way

BeIIadonna

No clue, I always thought it was a good video

• Like 1

My Name Isnt Alice
1 hour ago, DC said:

I prefer this video more than Judas :bear:

LISTEN I AM PAUL SHELDON'S NO.1

FAN!

• LMAO 1

Ivy
45 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

The song and the video surely have connected with a lot of people outside of here and stan twitter because the video is filled with positive comments.

I think that was the point of the video, to connect with a larger audience.

For me it doesn't really show anything deeply. It's a deep subject matter and the video, for me, doesn't reflect the meaning of the words in the song. I don't hate it, but I'd rather listen to the song without the video

• Like 1

Doot

It just doesn't do anything for me. 

Not intriguing. Doesn't hold my attention. Didn't gain anything after watching it. 

Love the song tho. 

ᴡᴀꜱ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏɢᴇʏᴍᴀɴ?
  • Like 1

HybridAT
2 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I think that was the point of the video, to connect with a larger audience.

For me it doesn't really show anything deeply. It's a deep subject matter and the video, for me, doesn't reflect the meaning of the words in the song. I don't hate it, but I'd rather listen to the song without the video

Interesting.

Agree with the first part.

For the second, isn't the song about needing a "good reason to stay"? In the video, that's her friends (rescuing her from the desert and helping her get dressed up) and family (her sister gifting her the cross necklace). For me it perfectly reflects the emotion in and the meaning of the song. 

• Like 1

HybridAT
8 minutes ago, Doot said:

It just doesn't do anything for me. 

Not intriguing. Doesn't hold my attention. Didn't gain anything after watching it. 

Love the song tho. 

Hmm. Go back to thirsting on random men's feet now

IDIDIT.thumb.gif.6cd291759739c3b5965a638

Edited by HybridAT
  • LMAO 2

Kimblue

I never thought it was that bad.

• Like 1

Mer Boy

In my opinion, it seemed like a very low effort video. I felt that the 'story' was cliché. I found the visuals to be bland and uninspired. There are so many artists who do stripped-down videos that appear to have more thought and creativity put into them. The video she did for Joanne is a good example of a stripped-down video done well. 

Edited by Mer Boy
Married to @ChristinaAguilera and @LadariousGarage
  • Like 1

Twitter
1 hour ago, DC said:

I prefer this video more than Judas :bear:

And you talk about MY taste. :bear:

American news and social networking service.
  • LMAO 1