💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Marina - True (Both normal and Acoustic)

DC

Featured Posts

So I never really connected with True UNTIL I heard the acoustic version and now I'm IN LOVE with the normal version! That kick on the chorus just sounds so catchy! It reminds me of Tucked by Katy Perry oddly enough :enigma:

I have trouble connecting with this song cause I don't agree with the lyrics :emma:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Daylight Jokers

Is she signed with a label or is she full indie now? Cuz I noticed how her music videos had little to no budget this era compared to Froot.

Just now, Daylight Jokers said:

Is she signed with a label or is she full indie now? Cuz I noticed how her music videos had little to no budget this era compared to Froot.

I mean the album didn't have a whole lot of sales right? Plus Froot was a VERY ambiguous era with amazing higher budget visuals compared to Electra Heart's videos which are a lot like what Love+Fear's videos. I don't know anything but this is just a guess, maybe everything's lower budget because she literally has a lower budget to do everything :enigma:

I'm just glad we got some amazing videos for Orange Trees, To Be Human, and Handmade Heaven :firega:

Bubblegum Bitch
5 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

1 minute ago, DC said:

I mean the album didn't have a whole lot of sales right? Plus Froot was a VERY ambiguous era with amazing higher budget visuals compared to Electra Heart's videos which are a lot like what Love+Fear's videos. I don't know anything but this is just a guess, maybe everything's lower budget because she literally has a lower budget to do everything :enigma:

I'm just glad we got some amazing videos for Orange Trees, To Be Human, and Handmade Heaven :firega:

Didn't Marina fail her label with Electra Heart? :laughga:

Just now, 21st Century Karen said:

Didn't Marina fail her label with Electra Heart? :laughga:

I think, I heard her label almost went Bankrupt for Electra Heart and it turned out that the world wasn't ready for it yet I guess :air:

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, DC said:

I think, I heard her label almost went Bankrupt for Electra Heart and it turned out that the world wasn't ready for it yet I guess :air:

Yeah. And you're right, world wasn't ready for the idea of Electra Heart (from what I've heard, because I wasn't a fan back then). 

Yeah. And you're right, world wasn't ready for the idea of Electra Heart (from what I've heard, because I wasn't a fan back then). 

Plus the visuals, although VERY beautiful, didn't really have a whole lot of interestingness to them, they were mostly just videos of her singing in different locations and in different outfits, there wasn't much of a storyline or anything. So I think that also lost the attention of a lot of people. I'm SO glad she stepped it up in Froot's era though! The Blue music video was SO interesting seeing her at the Dreamland Margate and even doing the choreography at the end with the other dancers, it was like a super happy uplifting video yet also has some sad undertones, it was interesting :)

Same with I'm A Ruin, not a whole lot, but the outfit and the emotions she put into the dance made it super interesting :firega:

So yeah, there wasn't much to grab with the Electra Heart era that interested people besides the actual music itself and a lot of her fanbase thought she was a sellout for going "electro pop" after pretty much being an indie artist for her first era :enigma:

Bubblegum Bitch
1 minute ago, DC said:

Plus the visuals, although VERY beautiful, didn't really have a whole lot of interestingness to them, they were mostly just videos of her singing in different locations and in different outfits, there wasn't much of a storyline or anything. So I think that also lost the attention of a lot of people. I'm SO glad she stepped it up in Froot's era though! The Blue music video was SO interesting seeing her at the Dreamland Margate and even doing the choreography at the end with the other dancers, it was like a super happy uplifting video yet also has some sad undertones, it was interesting :)

Same with I'm A Ruin, not a whole lot, but the outfit and the emotions she put into the dance made it super interesting :firega:

So yeah, there wasn't much to grab with the Electra Heart era that interested people besides the actual music itself and a lot of her fanbase thought she was a sellout for going "electro pop" after pretty much being an indie artist for her first era :enigma:

Marina just said 'fck you world' and gave us Froot, which is the definition of masterpiece. 

Marina just said 'fck you world' and gave us Froot, which is the definition of masterpiece. 

Recently I got into Solitaire, so far this album's had the slowest time to grow on me as a whole, because I LOVE all the singles + Immortal, but a lot of the other album tracks don't click with me as hard, but recently I've been trying to get into it and Solitaire actually reminds me a lot of Fear And Loathing and it's helped me get into it more :firega:

Bubblegum Bitch
3 minutes ago, DC said:

Recently I got into Solitaire, so far this album's had the slowest time to grow on me as a whole, because I LOVE all the singles + Immortal, but a lot of the other album tracks don't click with me as hard, but recently I've been trying to get into it and Solitaire actually reminds me a lot of Fear And Loathing and it's helped me get into it more :firega:

As I have told you several times, Froot for me is the only album that has no skips. :heart: And Solitaire... I already have a feeling this will be one of my Fall 2020 songs. :laughga: 

Archived