celeb

Billie Eilish and Finneas won't release an album during the pandemic

TheSlash

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Lorde and critically acclaimed doesnt match in the real world. She is forgotten

8-ACB3021-286-B-4-E72-8-D14-479-BD376696
F2-E804-EA-458-D-4404-ADB2-06-B57-AB0-B6

It was named the best album of the year by Consequence of Sound, Cosmopolitan, Entertainment Weekly, The Mercury News, No Ripcord, NME, Pretty Much Amazing, Stereogum, Melty, and Uproxx. On year-end lists by publications including The Independent, Interview, The New Zealand Herald, PopMatters, The Ringer, and Rolling Stone, the album finished at the runner-up spot.

It featured highly in many end-of-decade best album lists: at number two by NME, at number three by National Post, at number four by Consequence of Sound, at number six by Uproxx, at number seven by The Mercury News, and Rolling Stone, at number eight by Insider, and The Independent, and at number 14 by Pitchfork. Stuff and Paper featured the record on their unranked list of the top ten albums of the decade. Additionally, Consequence of Sound considered Melodrama the greatest pop album of the 2010s decade. 

Metacritic ranked it the tenth album with most appearances on critics' top 10 best-of-the-decade lists, with 11 points. Regarding reception from music audiences, Rolling Stone readers voted Melodrama the second most popular album of 2017, while Pitchfork readers voted it the tenth greatest album of the 2010s decade, the highest position for a female artist's album on the list.

096618-AB-F699-4-BB6-807-D-C3892-B992682

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I mean it's their choice but I'm not sure it's a good career move. When your relatively new still it's usually not a good idea to take long breaks

I think she’ll be fine if she wanted to wait. She’s a household name and will have establishment industry backing when she decides to return. Idk about his solo music, though...that I think fits what you’re saying better

vyniildisk
15 minutes ago, Jose P said:

It was named the best album of the year by Consequence of Sound, Cosmopolitan, Entertainment Weekly, The Mercury News, No Ripcord, NME, Pretty Much Amazing, Stereogum, Melty, and Uproxx. On year-end lists by publications including The Independent, Interview, The New Zealand Herald, PopMatters, The Ringer, and Rolling Stone, the album finished at the runner-up spot.

It featured highly in many end-of-decade best album lists: at number two by NME, at number three by National Post, at number four by Consequence of Sound, at number six by Uproxx, at number seven by The Mercury News, and Rolling Stone, at number eight by Insider, and The Independent, and at number 14 by Pitchfork. Stuff and Paper featured the record on their unranked list of the top ten albums of the decade. Additionally, Consequence of Sound considered Melodrama the greatest pop album of the 2010s decade. 

Metacritic ranked it the tenth album with most appearances on critics' top 10 best-of-the-decade lists, with 11 points. Regarding reception from music audiences, Rolling Stone readers voted Melodrama the second most popular album of 2017, while Pitchfork readers voted it the tenth greatest album of the 2010s decade, the highest position for a female artist's album on the list.

Is that suppose to impress me? evil cat GIF

Gagaloo911
18 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

With streaming numbers like Billie’s I truly believe you spit lies :billie:

My Future numbers aka her hugest flop yet say hi :billie:

The way the GP said HELL NO :billie:

um okay is their decision but i think it's pointless though

we had some incredible and danceable releases during pandemic

... and now i just sit in silence.

Chromatography
3 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Lorde and critically acclaimed doesnt match in the real world. She is forgotten

you’re saying lorde is forgotten? i mean of course she’s not going to be exposed since she hasn’t released since 2017 but she certainly has not been forgotten 

5 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Is that suppose to impress me? evil cat GIF

You mentioned there was no critical acclaim. I just provided you with proof of the critical acclaim. Maybe next time you should try harder with your trolling :kiss:

Chromatography
25 minutes ago, Jose P said:

thanks for this, apparently critical reception and getting a 91 doesn’t matter if it’s other artists but people were threatening no less than human sacrifice for chromatica to at least breach 80. so what is the truth? does critical response not matter when it’s gaga:billie:

also, melodrama went #1 and spawned a platinum single, so commercially i would say it’s a success too.

ggd being delusional, what’s new 

vyniildisk
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

You mentioned there was no critical acclaim. I just provided you with proof of the critical acclaim. Maybe next time you should try harder with your trolling :kiss:

i am not trolling and i dont have to try harder, i am having fun and not living from past glories, call me when Lorde puts out another album with decent production and vocals.  Btw you seem to have something against me since days ago

cardi b ok GIF by Pepsi

blocked*

I feel absolutely heartbroken :bear:

My long awaited dreams of hearing another album of powerful vocals :bear:

Now crushed into oblivion :bear:

Oh well, at least I still got my next album to listen to :bear:

TheSlash
1 hour ago, pop ate my heart said:

istg they use that word way too much. they can't stand when people disagree with them. they threat with calling the mods when somebody says something they don't like (even if it's respectfully or in pure fun) and then they're the same ones that call this site a cult :awkney: mentol illinois

Not you shading me indirectly :billie: . And I highly respect others' opinions and if it's a respectful way, I won't say a word. But if it's clearly just shade and no respect, I simply cannot stand it bc it happens in every single thread about Billie and/or her brother.

Spoiler

Also, calling me out to "threat with calling the mods" by also saying most of these comments are "pure fun" is a bit.... :awkney:  :billie:

Ew, David!

Reality

So when they release an album next year (cause we all know this pandemic is lasting for a long time), we can drag them over it :vegas:

🃏🖤👹

derpmonster

Looks like delaying albums and dance music are the thing now 👀

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

50 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

i am not trolling and i dont have to try harder, i am having fun and not living from past glories, call me when Lorde puts out another album with decent production and vocals.  Btw you seem to have something against me since days ago

cardi b ok GIF by Pepsi

blocked*

This is from her last album actually but go off :bye:

Archived