💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Gaga Broadway Album - would you be here for it?

jimmytimestep

Featured Posts

jimmytimestep

Revisiting this gem tonight: 

I suppose we got so close with C2C, and will get even closer with C3C...but would you be here for a Streisand-esque compilation of Broadway tunes?

(I, for one, have always wanted to see her play Adelaide ("Guys & Dolls"). There was a time when we had rumors of her doing "Funny Girl" with Rosie O'Donnell on Broadway and I'm not sure where that stands...but I really would love to hear her sing more of these beautiful tunes in such a modern context.)

JusKeepBreathin

Hell yes I'm here for it, with mother f_cking gay rainbow bells on. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

jimmytimestep
Just now, Brecht said:

I'd rather have her write original songs for a Broadway play. Like Cyndi and Kinky Boots. Or Sara and Waitress.

I totally hear that, but when I hear some of those shows, sometimes all I wish for is for Sara/Cyndi/whomever to be singing those songs and not the wonderful actor/singers bringing them to life.

Less so KB (which I think is one of the better modern musical theatre scores), and moreso Waitress. While I love Jessie Mueller (and all the women) that have played the role of Jenna, I sort of feel those songs were written to be sung by Sara.

I'm selfish in that I want to hear Gaga sing some of these songs I already love; ones from way back - like Vincent Youmans, R&H, Jule Styne.

jimmytimestep

2 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

I saw her play Adelaide in high school.

and your review, ma'am? :trollga:

38 minutes ago, jimmytimestep said:

I totally hear that, but when I hear some of those shows, sometimes all I wish for is for Sara/Cyndi/whomever to be singing those songs and not the wonderful actor/singers bringing them to life.

Less so KB (which I think is one of the better modern musical theatre scores), and moreso Waitress. While I love Jessie Mueller (and all the women) that have played the role of Jenna, I sort of feel those songs were written to be sung by Sara.

I'm selfish in that I want to hear Gaga sing some of these songs I already love; ones from way back - like Vincent Youmans, R&H, Jule Styne.

Jessie Mueller is my all time fave jenna!!!

TimisaMonster

Yes, I want her to do Broadway...win a Tony and become and EGOT before she's 40

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived