Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony । Ray of Light । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Sorry but there isn’t a chance Ray Of Light winning over Frozen ever. Not even on Mars 

PREACH THE TRUTH!

Frozen drags that cover through the mud!

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

I never ever seen a song getting 10+ marks on a Megarate!

What does this mean?

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

53 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Sky Fits Heaven vs Nothing Really Matters

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

One song missed TOP5

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

48 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

6. Nothing Really Matters - 8.92

Highest Score: 11 @ChavaWM

Lowest Score:  0 @Creyk

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice One of the best dark dance pop I heared

@whoresup Beautiful song with a great message.

@HausOfAntonio Again, banger. ROL is too good.

@lasagna id give this an 11 if i hadnt already given ray of light my 11

@Lionel Ronaldo Underrated af. Love her voice, the music, rhythm, everything.

@monster Probably the second best song off the album, after Sky Fits Heaven. I absolutely love the Club 69 Future Dub remix.

@MingersPrayerThe fact this was a single brings me so such joy. The wider world saw a deeper cut. The message can be seen as simplistic – easily digested. I love that. It gives me an idea of straight forward global messaging – something we desperately need in 2020. It’s very new age 90s but still dark with minor keys and a tipping of the hat to ambient house production. What more do we need than “Love is all we need Everything I give you All comes back to me”. It’s all about Karma babes. There’s a feeling of shallow self-serving that comes with how simplistic this idea is, but if we consider Madonna of 1990 – this is the message she could digest. This is almost a continuation of ‘Human Nature’ from Bedtime Stories but in a completely new light. The bottom line is this message to her critics - refrain from judgement.

@Pennywise An existentialist bop!

@Lorde Von Kok Metallica tease. Great song.

@Ulisaax640 Iconic

@El Greco Love is all we really need. The music video is art.

@MessyTop Classic banger!! A total club banger with a deep message.

@Brad The visuals for this song make it for me

@Blown Away I don't know how to feel about this song. It's a song with a lot of potential, but somewhere it seemed to have missed the mark. It doesn't flow as it should and sounds almost choppy. Whereas Ray Of Light sounds chaotic in a good way, it doesn't do this song justice. It does have good parts though, I like the piano that comes through in the bridge. But overall this isn't my cup of tea and I think this song is massively overrated in the fanbase.

28 minutes ago, Blown Away said:

Sky Fits Heaven next!

19 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

4. Sky Fits Heaven - 9.05

Highest Score: 11 @ElleDriver @monster

Lowest Score:  4 @selenalavigne 

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Rollercoster heaven

@whoresup One of my all-time favourite Madonna songs. If I could give this 11 I would but there’s another song on this record that clinches it. Beautiful melody and production. Gorgeous.

@HausOfAntonio I really can’t rate some of these less than a 10...

@Lionel Ronaldo This song is everything. The voice, music, melody, rhythm. Everything is so perfect.

@monster My favorite song off this album. It's one of the few Madonna songs that I would feel confident enough to sing in person.

@MingersPrayer This is a brilliance. It’s club music merged with new age. I feel like the wind is blasting as drive down an open road – the lyrical imagery against the music flow. I love that this takes on the religious themes from before with the Gospel, heaven, Prophet etc – a personal journey and revelation for Madonna - and merves it to a world view in the chorus - “Isn't everyone just Traveling down their own road”. Imagine what social media comments would be like if we considered this more. Again this touches on judgement but also introspection. “watching signs” is a reminder to me to be connected to the greater world – we (willingly or not) miss so many of the clear indications given outside of us as we’re out of sync with the natural rhythm. This also bring vulnerability for me with the ‘child fits mother’ being present from the start – something warm and enriching but also wounding and traumatic when you know about Madonna’s life story. This could be a long poem (in fact is down borrow from a Max Blagg poem) but the dance music brings it to a new level. Something harder with anticipation and speed.

@heygurlhi such a mood

@DirrtyPony Absolute masterpiece. Probably the song I connect to most lyrically, and the production just takes me there every time.

@Pennywise This one was soooooo close to being my 11.

@Lorde Von Kok Made my wig flew to heaven.

@MessyTop A musical journey and such a fantastic song. Orbit outdid himself

@Brad A bop

@Blown Away This instrumental is something else. Play it in your car with a loud volume and you'll know what I mean. It's like a continuation of Skin sonically, where I was going to space with that song Sky Fits Heaven sounds like an adventure in space with a crash in the end. The lyrics are kinda non-sense for me but with an instrumental like that I don't give a -.

I'm very disappointed with ALL of you :triggered:

Sky Fits Heaven should've been 1 followed by Nothing Really Matters. :triggered:

3 minutes ago, Doot said:

giphy.gif

I just peeped it and it was nothing special justanotherday.mp3

Just now, MingersPrayer said:

“Singer and actress”

:lolga:

madonnasinger-actress15041998n16f15c-DKW

THIS PHOTO IS SENDING MEEEE

7 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Sorry but there isn’t a chance Ray Of Light winning over Frozen ever. Not even on Mars 

Let's go to Mars and ask them.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Blown Away
Just now, DirrtyPony said:

source.gif

The scream and outro alone makes Ray Of Light #1 worthy

That scream live though :huntyga:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

2 minutes ago, MingersPrayer said:

“Singer and actress”

:lolga:

madonnasinger-actress15041998n16f15c-DKW

Off topic but why did her teeth change so drastically from Evita to Ray Of Light? Her teeth changed shape completely and after Ray of light they went back to normal, that kabblah religion must be fun:bear:

Lorde Von Kok

Sun And Moon Smile GIF by RetroCollage

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

MingersPrayer
Just now, BadGurlMadge said:

Off topic but why did her teeth change so drastically from Evita to Ray Of Light? Her teeth changed shape completely and after Ray of light they went back to normal, that kabblah religion must be fun:bear:

Hmm do you have pics? I can’t seem to see. I thought this was just a bad photo? 

HausOfAntonio

WTF GUYS THIS MEGARATE IS DIABOLICAL!!!! I CANT BELIEVE I WASNT HERE TO WITNESS THIS TRAGEDY!!!!

SKIN NOT NUMBER ONE??? HER BEST SONG???? I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. 

SHANTI GONE FIRST????? YALL DEAF!!!!!

POWER OF GOODBYE TOP THREE???? THE MOST BORING SONG ON THE RECORD???? IMAGINE THAT. 

I’M DONE HERE. 

Archived