Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

So have y’all seen the cuties movie?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

which movie? :bear:

ahh it's Cuties, not "cuties movie" like movie with cute ppl:laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

That's the problem with judging something based on out-of-context clips.

Does the movie contain footage of young girls twerking? Yes. It's a story ABOUT the pressure young dancers face to grow up too fast. Navigating sexism and oversexualixation is a part of the story. 

(According to the female African director. I haven't watched the movie yet either)

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Bonkers

I saw that trending on Twitter, got the basic info and promised myself to not engage on this topic when it ended up on GGD.  :huntyga:

Yet here I am.  :vegas:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

I saw some scenes on Twitter and gurl :awkney:

I get the message, like they are trying to acknowledge the hyper sexualization of girls 

And how do they do it? Hyper sexualizating minors in the movie :neyde:

It doesn't sit right with me putting those girls on such uncomfortable position, especially knowing how the internet works 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Can't wait to read all the comments in here after last time :neyde:

Planning on watching this weekend or next week, though, to give a proper opinion.

Edited just now by anonanon

Not yet but I'm debating watching it or not. I hate that those clips are now circulating, but I guess that must have been what they wanted when they made the movie? To get people talking?

DiskoBaby

I felt so uncomfortable watching some of the clips and reading about what they’re doing. It’s pedo eye Candy at the end of the day.

This should have been a book or a documentary if awareness was what they were going for. Not an r rated movie starring little girls doing adult stuff :what:

Kulture Kiari

I just dont see how this movie is ok. 

It's kind of like saying "Dont kill dogs, cuz it's so sad. Here, I'll prove it to you by killing a dog in front of you."

7 minutes ago, Enzo said:

And how do they do it? Hyper sexualizating minors in the movie :neyde:

It doesn't sit right with me putting those girls on such uncomfortable position, especially knowing how the internet works 

This. The internet is full of lowkey pedophiles as well. 

I dont know, I wont watch it and wont give it my time of day, other than on this thread. 

PrinceOfTheStorm

I only saw a clip of this movie and a girl literally takes a picture of her v*gna and ig uploads it. Nah I'm good w/ not watching it.

signing out

Lord Temptation

It’s always the French films isn’t it? They love to be provocative. Quite a few films from France from the last few years have dealt with themes of underage sex/sexuality. (Look it up :reductive:)

Not surprised. This raunch culture goes back to the 1990s. Remember the 1999 movie “Romance”? It was the first film to be released that showed unsimulated sex. 

RenegAde

Couldnt They have used older actors and still potray the message ?. I mean disney had 25 year olds playing high school teens .

38 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

That's the problem with judging something based on out-of-context clips.

Does the movie contain footage of young girls twerking? Yes. It's a story ABOUT the pressure young dancers face to grow up too fast. Navigating sexism and oversexualixation is a part of the story. 

(According to the female African director. I haven't watched the movie yet either)

It apparently has very explicit graphic and disgusting scenes with these poor girls.

I understand and appreciate the topic of the movie: oversexualization of young girls in dancing competitions which was part of the director's life

But you should not do this...Imagine a pedo movie where you see real graphic scenes of the abuse...it's too disturbing and inappropriate and very reckless 

Archived