Best Pop/Duo Group Performance

Best Music Video

Stupid Love:Ā 

Best Pop Solo PerfromanceĀ 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I know, but I mean is it worthy enough? Be honest and unbiased. I can't tell what "good engineering or mixing" sound like.Ā 

Over the last years, little albums nominated for AOTY have been also nominated for Best Engineered Album, not many pop albumsĀ 

Billie's album, 24k Magic and RAM by Daft Punk are the ones who won in both catorgies the past yearsĀ 

I would say no :messga:

ķˆ­ ź¹Œė³“ė©“ ģ–“ź¹€ģ—†ģ“ ģ†Œė¦¬ģ§ˆėŸ¬ģ™€

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 2:40 PM, DiskoBaby said:

Eight albums get nominated. I feel like she has a strong chance. This was a pretty bleak year for music.

Mathematically she could do it, but remember, this year the GRAMMY executives will focus on improving next year's awards with the Black and Latino community in mind, so Gaga could be snubbedĀ for being "white" on this category... Hopefully not, she deserves the nom.

DiskoBaby
8 hours ago, Tim10 said:

Mathematically she could do it, but remember, this year the GRAMMY executives will focus on improving next year's awards with the Black and Latino community in mind, so Gaga could be snubbedĀ for being "white" on this category... Hopefully not, she deserves the nom.

And this is when the Grammys start to lose more validation.

DiskoBaby
3 minutes ago, Mr S said:

I wonder if she will/can submit one of the Chromaticas to instrumental or classical categories?

Those are usually album categories. You canā€™t submit individual classical songs in those categories.

Jollibee

AOTY - Chromatica

ROTY, SOTY, Pop Duo, Best Music Video - ROM

Pop Solo - SL

Pop Vocal - Chromatica

Ā 

For technical categories, do artists need to submit their work or there's a committee assigned for technical categories?

I mean, Chromatica deserve to get a nomination for Best Engineered album. Cll-911 transition alone>>>>

The transition on each track is pretty great.

Ā 

If she just shoot 911's video earlier andĀ released it before the deadline, it could have a chance to get nominated for Best MV.

Jollibee
On 9/11/2020 at 4:41 PM, Mr S said:

Does anyone think the album is worthy of Best Engineering and Sound engineering?

I think the album is worthy on this category. Like the transition on each track is great.

Stephen

I need Gaga to be nominated for album of the year. If not, I'll be really disappointedĀ :bradley:

I want her to finally win one of the big categories. If not AOTY, hopefully song or record. I know it's a stretch but that's why I'm a stan and not a music industry analystĀ :selena:

Madame Goo Goo
On 9/11/2020 at 6:52 PM, LadyBenedetto said:

SOTY & ROTY :Ā 911

Best Pop Solo Performance : 911

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance : Sour Candy

Best Music Video : 911

Best Dance Recording :Ā Fun Tonight

2023 :

SOTY & ROTY :Ā Sine From Above

Best Pop Solo Performance : Babylon

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance : Sine From Above

Best Music Video : Sine From Above

Best Dance Recording : Alice

What makes you think the songs that came out in 2020 could be eligible for the Grammys in 2022 and 2023?Ā :ladyhaha::lmao:

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

DiskoBaby
13 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

What makes you think the songs that came out in 2020 could be eligible for the Grammys in 2022 and 2023?Ā :ladyhaha::lmao:

Cut off dates

jacs vs looser
On 9/11/2020 at 6:06 PM, Harry Kat said:

My guesses are:

Chromatica:Ā 

Album Of The Year

Best Pop Vocal Album

Rain On Me:Ā 

Record Of The Year

Song Of The Year

Best Pop/Duo Group Performance

Best Music Video

Stupid Love:Ā 

Best Pop Solo PerfromanceĀ 

This seems very realistic. I would guess out of those she will most likely get nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album, POP/Duo Group Performance, Best Music Video and Best Pop Solo. AOTY is a very good posibility too, but we'll see.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I need Gaga to be nominated for album of the year. If not, I'll be really disappointedĀ :bradley:

I want her to finally win one of the big categories. If not AOTY, hopefully song or record. I know it's a stretch but that's why I'm a stan and not a music industry analystĀ :selena:

Though it is possible she'll get an AOTY nod, this particular year her chances of winning anything in the general fields are very, very low. Shallow 100% deserved SOTY, and ASIB 100% deserved at least an AOTY nomination and yet we got neither. I feel like the people who vote in those fields simply don't like her that much, unfortunately.Ā 

Jollibee
39 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

This seems very realistic. I would guess out of those she will most likely get nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album, POP/Duo Group Performance, Best Music Video and Best Pop Solo. AOTY is a very good posibility too, but we'll see.Ā 

Though it is possible she'll get an AOTY nod, this particular year her chances of winning anything in the general fields are very, very low. Shallow 100% deserved SOTY, and ASIB 100% deserved at least an AOTY nomination and yet we got neither. I feel like the people who vote in those fields simply don't like her that much, unfortunately.Ā 

Ā 

They are voted by all the members though. There's no specific people who vote in those fields.Ā 

ASIB was likely blocked by BRP for AOTY nomination. If it was nominated, it could have given Billie's WYFALSFJFRORJFH album a run for it's money for AOTY.

Shallow should have really won SOTY but sh!t happens. Lol.

1 hour ago, jacs vs looser said:

She does great in pop field though so maybe she just doesn't have industry wide support. Like rock voters or country voters don't care for her. ASIB should have catered to them but she just ran into This Is America. She was probably a close second.

2 hours ago, DiskoBaby said:

Those are usually album categories. You canā€™t submit individual classical songs in those categories.

Well there's Best instrumental composition which doesn't specify it must be albums so hopefully she can submit there.Ā 

Archived