💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Mulan (2020) Discussion

TSUNAMI

Featured Posts

TSUNAMI

I watched it yesterday and got a bit disappointed that we didn't get any musical number in it. 

I wanted to hear Reflection while she was living her drag fantasy and then realizing that she doesn't have to be anything other than Mulan. 

Overall, a really good movie to watch with your family but don't expect feelings sensations you had from the original piece of art. Irreplaceable. 

Better attempt than Lion King, for sure. 

I spent 20€ on the movie and I would love to compare this investment with buying Chromatica pillow. 

I only torrented the movie :huntyga:

I honestly enjoyed the movie. I watched it without thinking and comparing it to the original animation. Gong Li made me straight, but Yoson An turned me back to being gay. 

Spoiler

What bothers me the most is the chi thing in the movie. Mulan saved China because she’s born with that special chi and not because she worked and trained hard :( 

Rudz Xinc

I actually enjoyed it. I think a good solid movie. Some people I know kinda disappointed with the movie. Some call it mediocre.

Anyway Gong Li kinda useless, for a witch with super power.

Look at those clowns

VenusUrania

I grew up with the animated movie and it's maybe my favourite Disney princess movie! Somehow I managed to sepparate the live action one from the animated one.

I really enjoyed it! The subtle nods to the original soundtrack, the costumes and make up were beautiful, the locations and scenography were amazing and the way that it was shot!

Am I sad that we didn't get musical number and Mushu the dragon? Yes. But it was a great interpretation of the old movie and the Chinese legend/myth of Mulan.

But I do have to admit that I've found it odd that they wanted to make a more realistic movie (so they removed the dragon part out if it) but they added a mystical phoenix and a shape shifting witch? Choices.

But I do warmly recommend it!

i loved it, however the end was a bit lame:selena: Witch origins could have made it better too

If I am getting too far just say that I need to pop a 911

TimisaMonster

Yeah ill watch it free somewhere else when someone rips it from Disney :smh:

They didn't really hype this as a classic musical Disney movie....more of like a typical Asian action film...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

This was the absolute worse!

I can't understand why people love it. The acting is soooo cheesy and bad, the actors don't get much lines and character development. The Chinese people in the film are obviously not from China but just Western Chinese people and I really missed Mushu. Mushu made the original have more humor in it, this version didn't had any humor in it ever.

bluemonkey

It’s visually stunning but the story is meh. I felt they rush through a lot of scenes to make room for big action scenes. So disappointed they didn’t make good use of Gong Li, her character was pointless.

RahrahWitch

I didn't like it.

When they announced it wouldn't be the Disney rendition but instead focus more on the original tale I was hyped because it gave them so much more possibilities. But in my opinion, the Movie was incredibly bland. It felt soulless.

The only interesting part of the movie was the witch but even then they make her out to be incredibly strong and have her make the stupidest decisions.

bluemonkey
6 hours ago, RahrahWitch said:

I didn't like it.

When they announced it wouldn't be the Disney rendition but instead focus more on the original tale I was hyped because it gave them so much more possibilities. But in my opinion, the Movie was incredibly bland. It felt soulless.

The only interesting part of the movie was the witch but even then they make her out to be incredibly strong and have her make the stupidest decisions.

They should have made her the Phoenix character even then I felt the Phoenix was pointless.  Gong Li is revered as one of the most beautiful women in Asia , I get she’s just playing a role but it’s kinda a slap in the face to give her such a pointless character just to have her there. what makes me mad is they could have easily just stick to the original poem without all the Pom and circumstances.

Archived