Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miley quits veganism: "my brain wasn’t functioning properly"

petty

Featured Posts

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I really want to know why people don't consider fish to be meat :enigma:

Veganism is my long term goal. I've cut so much meat and sugar out of my diet over the past few months and I honestly feel great.

Industrial Fishing practices are so environmentally destructive too... tho I have been looking into maybe taking fish oil for omega 3s as I was told the plant sources don‘t ‘work’ the same, but I need to do more research 

i’m glad you’re feeling good abt your diet!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatican
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

We really should take people more seriously when they say that they felt malnourished on a vegan diet. Yes, some thrive on it but not everyone's body is the same. This cannot be emphasised enough. A complaint I hear from many ex vegans is that when they ate meat, they were always full and only thought about food occasionally but on a vegan diet, they were constantly hungry and all they could think about all day was food. That is a sign that you aren't getting enough nutrients, period. And even when the answer is just to eat more, some vegans said they were really backed up from all that fibre and had to eat huge portions of everything in order to feel satisfied. Despite what vegans tell you, that is not a healthy or natural lifestyle. And it's definitely not sustainable to be eating constantly in large amounts. If the whole world went vegan, there wouldn't be enough food to go around as everyone's eating the same thing and we couldn't grow enough trees and suchlike.

Life is for living. Feeding yourself should not be a full-time job nor should you be ingesting umpteen expensive supplements a day to cover the nutrients that you're not getting naturally. Vegans tell you their lifestyle is so natural yet they use man-made blenders, man-made unnatural vegan replacement foods and man-made supplements.

This post is ridiculous. Fiber does not "back you up" lack of fiber does. And if the whole world went vegan the amount of grains and vegetables we are wasting on copious livestock would be able to go to people. It is very basic and even scientists agree that veganism is the most sustainable diet. Please do research before spreading misinformation to support your agenda.

blankpaper
15 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Industrial Fishing practices are so environmentally destructive too... tho I have been looking into maybe taking fish oil for omega 3s as I was told the plant sources don‘t ‘work’ the same, but I need to do more research 

i’m glad you’re feeling good abt your diet!

There are 3 different types of Omega 3s—ALA, EPA, and DHA. Plant based omega 3s are ALA, which have the fewest health benefits and the body can’t convert very much of it to the other types. Algal oil is a vegan source of DHA 

reality’s tight if the music is right

GagaSine
Just now, blankpaper said:

There are 3 different types of Omega 3s—ALA, EPA, and DHA. Plant based omega 3s are ALA, which have the fewest health benefits and the body can’t convert very much of it to the other types. Algal oil is a vegan source of DHA 

Thank you for the info!

blankpaper
4 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

This post is ridiculous. Fiber does not "back you up" lack of fiber does. And if the whole world went vegan the amount of grains and vegetables we are wasting on copious livestock would be able to go to people. It is very basic and even scientists agree that veganism is the most sustainable diet. Please do research before spreading misinformation to support your agenda.

Excess fiber can too. Please do research before spreading misinformation 

KillerMonster

I was vegan for about a year and my health started declining fast. I was extremely malnourished and my body felt SO weak. :/ I feel for her.  

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

Chromatican
Just now, blankpaper said:

Excess fiber can too. Please do research before spreading misinformation 

What would constitute excess fiber? Not trying to spread misinformation but I've legitimately never heard of this or heard any vegan complain about constipation.

imnotyourbabe10

Anecdotal evidence but wanted to share.  Personally been vegetarian for the last 8 years.  Trying to go more vegan (avoid eggs especially for cholesterol). It's a struggle but it is so worth the effort!  And it's okay to fall off and get back on.  No one is perfect when we are socialized to eat or consume in certain ways. 

I do it for the environment; the animals; the workers suffering from PTSD and work injuries at the slaughterhouses/factory farming; etc.  Just the overall wellbeing of our ecosystems and trying to stop the harm or pain to other sentient creatures. I  also take a daily vitamin to help with nutrition as well as plant-based protein powders or bars.  Never had any problems in my bloodwork with this diet in the last 8 years.

GagaSine
4 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

What would constitute excess fiber? Not trying to spread misinformation but I've legitimately never heard of this or heard any vegan complain about constipation.

Depends on the person but about 70+ grams, not an issue for most ppl unless you are the type of person that eats enormous bowls of salad greens and also takes fibre supplements. Some people also have gut issues and do better with less fibre than the average person.

your body needs water to process fibre and that’s why too much can mess with your digestion 

blankpaper
1 minute ago, Chromatican said:

I don’t know a specific number of grams or anything, and it probably varies from person to person and depends on a number of other things in someone’s diet. I’ve heard of it happening more with fitness competitors who eat massive amounts of vegetables and those weird high-fiber “zero net carb” protein bars

Not usually an issue for normal people, but it can happen and it is one of the possible effects of too much fiber 

Chromatican

These celebrities do so much damage to the vegan movement by doing things like this. Hopping on veganism as a trend rarely lasts. I just wish honesty was in play. Malnourishment is not be taken lightly. A lot of people where I live (the Midwest) actually think veganism is dangerous and stories like this stoke the flames.

TortureMeOnReplay

I've heard a server who has served her say that she wasn't even vegan and was ordering burgers at restaurants. 

StrawberryBlond
59 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i’m not vegan and i could never be consistently vegan because i simply like meat too much. all my friends who are vegan are fine and are not the “influencers” spouting off about their “vegan” diet. if you are not feeling well or if you’re feeling hungry all the time then you are not eating correctly. that is not the fault of a vegan diet, that is a result of stupidity. 

It's the dairy that I would miss more, personally. If your friends are ok, then good for them, but they don't speak for everyone. And of course you can eat incorrectly on any diet but some diets are more dangerous than others or have a bigger tipping point than others. It seems that veganism is all about treading a very delicate balance between being healthy and unhealthy. And don't even get me started on the females who stop menstruating. That's the piece of information that made me decide I was officially out.

13 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Then you need to do more research into the side affects of too much fibre. Too much of anything isn't good for you. Stomach ache is very common with too much fibre, I've been there, so have many others. It can be very debilitating for a lot of people. My mum's got IBS and vegans claim that veganism will help stop IBS but the stuff that they eat makes her worse. I don't care if it worked for some people, it doesn't work for everyone. And you want people to eat grains all the time? Good luck with that. We'd need fruit and veg too, there won't be room for all the trees and fertile ground we'd need to keep billions of us going. And I still don't know what's the deal with vegan formulas but how are mothers who can't breastfeed supposed to feed their babies if we're all vegan? And I don't have an agenda, just an opinion and in some cases, facts.

Looking at her behavior, I doubt her brain has ever functioned properly :fthis:

maybe the problem is something else, not veganism (drugs and other addictions)

blankpaper
7 minutes ago, seba said:

Looking at her behavior, I doubt her brain has ever functioned properly :fthis:

maybe the problem is something else, not veganism (drugs and other addictions)

Does trashing her make you feel big and important? 

• Guest locked this topic

Archived