Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Elton John: ‘Chart Music Isn’t Real Music’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Reality
26 minutes ago, tomsches said:

He's right! 95% of the charts is absolute trash. The GP mostly listens to garbage that's being fed to them and the radio pushes those songs even more.

I don't disagree with this, but I think the problem is that he puts an emphasis on about music being made with computers. Largely, I agree that the charts today are trash, but that's completely subjective. 

Making music using computers is just as valid as using real instruments. Of course, there will always be something special about recording something live for a song, but just because a song is made digitally doesn't make it any less good of a song.

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

BEVERLY-HILLS-CA-FEBRUARY-26-Elton-John-

What? You are mocking his looks because you dont agree with his opinion or something?

Franch Toast

I don't disagree with most of what he's saying, but he didn't word it the most diplomatically. A lot of top 40 music does feel like factory-manufactured "fast food" music to me and isn't that interesting – where I do disagree with him is that I believe electronic music is totally a valid form of music. 

But even if you don't like what he's saying, it doesn't mean you need to drag him or claim he's irrelevant, because he's not. He's still selling out stadium tours, and he's written numerous amazing songs. 

She/Her/Hers

Gracious Gaga
5 minutes ago, Adakam said:

What? You are mocking his looks because you dont agree with his opinion or something?

I’m using that photo the same way people use all of these emotes

:messga::bear::derpga::neyde::selena: etc 

or this one 

C53-B93-C6-A03-D-45-D5-9318-FB130-BE0505

♥ Kindness Police.

tomsches
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I don't disagree with this, but I think the problem is that he puts an emphasis on about music being made with computers. Largely, I agree that the charts today are trash, but that's completely subjective. 

Making music using computers is just as valid as using real instruments. Of course, there will always be something special about recording something live for a song, but just because a song is made digitally doesn't make it any less good of a song.

100% agree. He has made music with computers too. I feel like he just worded it weirdly. I think he meant to say that he doesn't like music that's soulless, made in a studio for the sole reason to make money.

2School4Cool

I think Elton’s point is simply to give credit to songwriters as opposed to artists who don’t really have anything to do with their own songs and their own music. Elton very commonly builds up young artists who he admires. He was a mentor to Ed Sheeran in his early career, he’s collaborated with Gaga on several occasions, he hosts a podcast in which he invites young artists on and helps give them a platform, etc. He’s not saying successful songs aren’t good, just that the songs written by a group of people for an artist for the sole purpose of becoming a hit on the charts are often ingenuine and don’t even feel like complete songs because they’ve been pieced together to fit the radio mold.

See The Best In Everyone

Reality
4 minutes ago, tomsches said:

100% agree. He has made music with computers too. I feel like he just worded it weirdly. I think he meant to say that he doesn't like music that's soulless, made in a studio for the sole reason to make money.

I agree with that, and I think that's something Gaga would agree with too. Elton's just had a history of being blunt and straight to the point that sometimes he screws himself over by saying something so bluntly that it's just offensive. 

🃏🖤👹

BleepBloop

I agree, chart music is not art, it's business:ohwell:

But the computerized music part is dumb

Just Dance, Poker Face, Born This Way, Shallow and Rain On Me the worst music in Gaga's career wbk

GagaUnderYou
1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

Why is Elton so damn pretentious omg 

When you’re no longer on the charts that’s what happens 

4 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

When you’re no longer on the charts that’s what happens 

IJBHFJSBJDK:DSMJBHNSKMSD:LI*^&*%$^*(UYUTRF$%EDRVGHFBYU*(&YH&*^THUIY&*^T(R(&Y*(UFTVBHN*(TYGS&^FDVGUBHUIOJ

GagaEnigma
33 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

F69-ABBBB-7-D1-D-4565-9508-ED522375-F3-A

first search result :bear:

"It was not a good album and I think [Lady Gaga] would admit that," Elton John said.

No taste found :enigma:

EDIT: He seemed to have been really enjoying this song though :enigma:

Archived