Featured Posts

And they didn't even listen to High On Your Supply :bear:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hieronymus
17 hours ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Everybody hated witness because it was not the regular Katy sound and now that she’s back with the regular Katy sound y’all still critic it :bear:

People didn't like Witness because it was bad and stans blamed her hair and the fact that it was an "experimental"/"political" album.

edengowon
On 8/25/2020 at 1:15 PM, Curunir said:

Let's be real, no one can take that seriously. They called her the MJ of our generation because she had 5 consecutive #1 songs from the same album, just like MJ did.

That being said, that success was purely based in the US and is not even comparable to the numbers and outreach that Michael had during the peak of his career. We're talking tens of millions sold per album, whereas Katy couldn't even sell out a stadium show :air:

I'm not hating on Katy, I love her, I listen to her music and I think the critics are unfairly harsh towards her, but let's be objective here. The only artists of today that are somewhat comparable to MJ in terms of commercial success are Adele and maybe Taylor Swift, the latter being only in the US :spin:

taylor swift is enormous globally, perhaps more so than adele. her biggest market is literally china.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

1 hour ago, Kattys said:

I don’t know if it’s even that important for me, for example some bands get hate for changing their „signature sound”, that „they’re not the same anymore”. So people are unhappy no matter what... That’s why main focus should be on art and what feels best for artist.

„Whatever you do, people love what you do if you do it with heart” - Miz Cracker

Exactly.  In 1965 Bob Dylan was booed at the Newport Folk Festival because he went electric.  People were used to his acoustic folk music sound.

You can never please everybody, not even your own fans.

I don't care if Katy changes her musical style or not.  Either way, she's the same good person deserving of respect.  :heart:

I live outside the space time continuum.

Curunir
5 hours ago, Autumn said:

taylor swift is enormous globally, perhaps more so than adele. her biggest market is literally china.

:sure:

Adele's 21 has sold 31 million copies worldwide. 25 has sold 23 million. 

Hell, even The Fame has sold 15 million copies worldwide, more than any Taylor Swift album.

If you put Taylor's numbers together, sure, she is huge, but the vast majority of those numbers are centered in the United States. A big chunk of her sales is in China but only for her past three albums. Her biggest market however remains the United States, not China.

I'm literally stating facts here, this is not just my opinion :sweat:

Archived