Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Critics are DRAGGING Katy Perry's new album

petty

Featured Posts

KillerMonster

I think they were being to harsh. :noparty:

What if she loves the style of music she creates? People need to stop comparing and actually listen to the music. 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean did anyone expect it to be good? Her albums were always just good boos to listen to while doing your nails, I don’t think anyone expects it to have any substance. 

2 minutes ago, PETTY said:

@PartySick ban ha

Are we adverse to the truth now? Say yes to saying no to saying yes to that.

It’s a celebratory post!
3b9c14a8-2a52-45b7-96x9kti.gif

Chromatography

why do critics only matter when it isn’t gaga to all of you :oprah:

buzzkill
13 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

why do critics only matter when it isn’t gaga to all of you :oprah:

Its matter when is gaga too actually. Did you checked the critics thread??? wtf u sayin boo 

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, Nuggets said:

Is anybody surprised? :rip:

Critics have always hated Katy for some reason.

I mean I wasn't expecting this album to be critically acclaimed or something but this time they outdid themselves.

Maybe it's just me but this doesn't seem to be about just the music anymore. :shrug:

lEZreXk.png

20200824-204718.jpg

"So “Smile” is something of a housekeeping album. Apologies to everyone — parents, fans, lovers, other women, old lovers. Here’s hoping motherhood gives Perry a real reason to smile"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-ent-katy-perry-smile-review-20200824-6hctqs3ddbap3itckpzlag7epi-story.html

Totally.  This paragraph, comparing her to all these other women, is so archaic in 2020.  Nobody would write a similar paragraph about a male singer.  She's being critiqued as a 'female celebrity' compared to other females, hardly anything in the review is about the actual music.  Other reviews spend fully 3/4 of their length documenting her previous successes to muse about why she isn't popular anymore.  Stop reviewing her trajectory or career as a celebrity, and review the music!

Kitana

if i hadnt seen this i never wouldve guessed that her previous albums had such low ratings and i mean those were pop culture gems so what do they know?

You will learn respect!

Flawless

When ARTPOP came out the reviews were so much worse....I wish that back then people would have so much energy to defend and support Gaga like they've been supporting Katy. Good luck to her, she seems like a good person and she's always delivering content for her fans. Hope she finds peace and balance to her work.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

1 hour ago, Cerny said:

Are we adverse to the truth now? Say yes to saying no to saying yes to that.

It’s a celebratory post!

It was a joke because he stans MJ

Quartz

Smile wasn't a good song, objectively. I commend her efforts, but I am not surprised.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

littlepotter

Damn, I really wanted it to be different this time. Still, those three scores (60,60,67) alone make this her highest rated album to date :deadbanana:

chaeri pls

likeitrough

still rooting for her to try something completely new. pull a Cher and take on a new sound.

ChromaticRaccoon

Katy has never done well with critics. That didn't stop TD and Prism from being MASSIVE, who cares what they think?

1 hour ago, monstertoronto said:

Totally.  This paragraph, comparing her to all these other women, is so archaic in 2020.  Nobody would write a similar paragraph about a male singer.  She's being critiqued as a 'female celebrity' compared to other females, hardly anything in the review is about the actual music.  Other reviews spend fully 3/4 of their length documenting her previous successes to muse about why she isn't popular anymore.  Stop reviewing her trajectory or career as a celebrity, and review the music!

this was well written :golfclap:

Archived