💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have Your Chromatica Thoughts Changed?

Enzo

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

BTW and Chromatica are like the Infinity War and Endgame of Gaga's discography :giveup: 

BTW, like Endgame, has higher highs and lower lows, while Chromatica, like Infinity War, is more consistent throughout (in my opinion). They're both great albums, and they're interchangable for me between what's my favorite and what's my second favorite. 

For Endgame's treatment of Natasha, rapid narrative, and weird rabid fan-service, (plus its sleek production value), I would switch the placements dlkjsdkfjsdlkjfsk

3 points in and ready for more

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
3 minutes ago, Miel said:

For Endgame's treatment of Natasha, rapid narrative, and weird rabid fan-service, (plus its sleek production value), I would switch the placements dlkjsdkfjsdlkjfsk

Natasha was my favorite of the OG Avengers, that said, I thought what she did was fine. It made sense for the character. 

In terms of the "rapid narrative," I think that really only applies to when Tony "solves" time travel. Like, that was just not a well executed or written scene. He just all of a sudden figures out time travel like *that*? I don't think so :sweat: 

I also liked the fan service. It was earned. It's the final movie in this 20+ franchise that dealt with the story of the original 6 Avengers. That third act was legitimately some of the most exciting stuff I've ever experienced in theatres :giveup: 

🃏🖤👹

My Name Isnt Alice

All tracks grown on me and chromatica become my most fav gaga album along with born this way :heart:

Also those saying it's gaga's weakest project I have to :ladyhaha:

9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Natasha was my favorite of the OG Avengers, that said, I thought what she did was fine. It made sense for the character. 

In terms of the "rapid narrative," I think that really only applies to when Tony "solves" time travel. Like, that was just not a well executed or written scene. He just all of a sudden figures out time travel like *that*? I don't think so :sweat: 

I also liked the fan service. It was earned. It's the final movie in this 20+ franchise that dealt with the story of the original 6 Avengers. That third act was legitimately some of the most exciting stuff I've ever experienced in theatres :giveup: 

That's fair.

Regarding Nat- while I do think it made sense with her character development, it just felt awful to me that she didn't really get a singular focus, considering how interesting her arc was post-TWS. Maybe I'll change my mind about that when the solo film is released, but I also feel iffy about it being a retrospective.

The "rapid narrative" for me was honestly the whole "time heist" aspect, for me. I agree with you that IW had a much more consistent tone and narrative build, and I actually really loved that. It felt more like a grandiose epic with an incredibly tragic cliffhanger. I think it was always going to be hard to follow up to that.

And I'm mostly irked about one singular instance of fan service- the "all women" team-up at the end. It just felt janky and out of place, considering that their track record with writing and handling their women characters (even in this film) isn't exactly perfect :sweat:

As you can tell, I have... quite a bit of opinions on the MCU lslkdfjkljdfs

3 points in and ready for more

Archived