Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Smile smashes on US Facebook

Lighter

Featured Posts

HookerDotGov
1 hour ago, monstertoronto said:

The ageism. As if it’s a sketchy decision to actually market to her mom audience where they actually hang out. Katy is 35 herself. I’m sure she cares how lame you  think it is to market her work to people her own age. Literally thinking that everything needs to cater to your exact age group is....a choice. 

How is it ageism to say Facebook caters to an older audience, or at least one that still buys physical music, and that keeping the limited edition jewel cases for sale, which many people in that demographic still buy, would have been smart when she launches a video on the site? Almost all of my favorite artists make most off their sales of physical copies and I personally still prefer to buy CDs, so I'm speaking from experience. It's just a fact and one her team likely took into account when they decided to debut the video on the social media site...which I previously in this thread applauded as a smart decision. 

Continue to reach and look for things that aren't there though (or offer an apology since you're dead wrong). 

Thanks. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lighter said:
She officially has 43 Million + streams for the Hot 100. She is heading for a Top 5 debut

Is this true?! ATRL is locked for guests rn so I can't see

1 hour ago, YourCureness said:

Top 5 debut? The song was released weeks ago. You tell me this song was a bubbling under song?!?!?!?!?!? 

1 hour ago, Kimblue said:

Unless they are talking about “Smile” by Juice WRLD. Now THAT smile might debut in the top five.

1 hour ago, Levine said:

LMAO there's literally no trace of what they said. I even question the 61 countries #1 of the pre-order, it didn't crack the top 10 here in Italy.

But I maybe be wrong :) this week Smile is nowhere to be seen in the hot 100, so we'll see next week what happens :)

Well the song can still debut in the Hot 100 because it never debuted there to begin with, only Bubbling under. As for Juice WRLD's Smile, that has already debuted at #8 yesterday

Nothing against Katy, but if that's true, this should only be further proof to everyone to stop giving a sh*t about the Hot 100. 

Scrolling past a video somehow counts as a view? Knowing that the charts literally don't make sense should be enough for people to stop giving them any sort of merit. 

monstertoronto
31 minutes ago, SabadoDeGloria said:

How is it ageism to say Facebook caters to an older audience, or at least one that still buys physical music, and that keeping the limited edition jewel cases for sale, which many people in that demographic still buy, would have been smart when she launches a video on the site? Almost all of my favorite artists make most off their sales of physical copies and I personally still prefer to buy CDs, so I'm speaking from experience. It's just a fact and one her team likely took into account when they decided to debut the video on the social media site...which I previously in this thread applauded as a smart decision. 

Continue to reach and look for things that aren't there though (or offer an apology since you're dead wrong). 

Thanks. 

You wrote:   “Facebook is....certainly an audience”    Everyone knows that type is phrasing is shady, like “Facebook is....a choice”.  Your long response is....certainly a reply.  But glad you are actually supportive of Katy. 

LG7 time now
2 hours ago, slayo said:

The song has been out for like 3 weeks now... it can’t DEBUT top 5 anymore

1 hour ago, Levine said:

So it's not a debut lol

I'm on her Facebook Page and there isn't a single video with 45milion views.

So is that another lie of that page like the pre-orders one?

It's literally a debut since it hasn't charted before

Just like Kings & Queens debuted at #73 (I think?) on the Hot 100 this week

1 minute ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It's literally a debut since it hasn't charted before

Just like Kings & Queens debuted at #73 (I think?) on the Hot 100 this week

well i consider that a bubbling under debut :billie:

Make it stupid!

LG7 time now
2 minutes ago, slayo said:

well i consider that a bubbling under debut :billie:

The tweet literally says "debut on the Hot 100:bear: which literally means that it's going to enter the Hot 100

Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

The tweet literally says "debut on the Hot 100:bear: which literally means that it's going to enter the Hot 100

Well when the song ACTUALLY debuted it couldn’t even make it into the Hot 100, so I wouldn’t give it that much praise...

Make it stupid!

Gagaloo911

Tragic. It's a truly horrible song that is more annoying than anything.

FfFfFfFF
2 hours ago, Lighter said:

Y’all have to let her breathe cause this pregnant woman been doing the most:laughga:

Most people are letting her breathe though. In terms of performances, yes it's outstanding how many she did while pregnant and most people applauded her for that. However uploading a Facebook video isn't correlated with her being pregnant.. at all.

TheOriginalOne

So she’s on Facebook and retweeted “Republicans Against Trump”? Coming for Taylor’s old gig as the republican queen :bradley:

SpiritBunny
5 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

How? It's on every Target commercial in TV.

People still watch television? I honestly can’t remember the last time I scrolled through channels on a tv.  Streaming services are just so much more convenient and have better exclusives. 

Archived