💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You Don’t Hate Taylor Swift, You’re Just Sexist (Probably)

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

IllusionLover
34 minutes ago, Enzo said:

So, if you dislike Gaga 

What are you? :trollga:

Homophobic, duh :ohwell:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaEnigma

Ma'am we're entitled to our own music taste and that certainly doesn't make us sexist or anything :oops:

Curunir

I didn't watch the video and I'm not going to, but it deserves a dislike purely based on the title alone :ladyhaha:

Ryusei

This is actually a really good video and unlike the negative commenters i have actually watched it lol he makes a lot of valid points and things i‘ve been thinking as well, not only related to taylor specifically but also female celebrities and activism by celebrities in general. 

Musery

Karen Smith

I just dislike her music because I don't see her talent. I believe she is overrated. 

FlopSlurper
36 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Dismiss my first point then? 

I literally said selena sings awfully in the second sentence WHAT 

just an example of how instead of listening to people’s opinions, swifties automatically jump to use the successful card. She can be successful all she likes but it doesn’t change the fact I can dance and bop to rare and revival but feel like a child listening to lover or a “alt teen” listening to rep or folklore

yeah because she said "hey kids spelling is fun" in 2 second of 1 song suddenly the whole album is for kids 😭 like there aren 't song about gender inequality, LGBT+, a tribute to her mother, insecurities and much more. And rep's production is literally superior to any selena album 😭

SeIena Gomez
Just now, FlopSlurper said:

yeah because she said "hey kids spelling is fun" in 2 second of 1 song suddenly the whole album is for kids 😭 like there aren 't song about gender inequality, LGBT+, a tribute to her mother, insecurities and much more. And rep's production is literally superior to any selena album 😭

People can have opinions babe

Infinity Wave

I dislike Taylor because her music is boring, she lacks personality and is the most inauthentic person in the business (along with Beyoncé)

That's it

And Folklore is boring af and if people were able to let their biases out of the convo they'd admit it

Colourful

gagaschickens

I just find her music very basic to have this much success. She sure is an incredible and very skilled writer, but honestly, she doesn't dance, vocals aren't bad but could be better, production isn't anything that cool. It's not a sexism thing, it's just that I kinda not get it.

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

SeIena Gomez
4 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I dislike Taylor because her music is boring, she lacks personality and is the most inauthentic person in the business (along with Beyoncé)

That's it

And Folklore is boring af and if people were able to let their biases out of the convo they'd admit it

Idk how people enjoy that album. I can’t sit through 2 piano ballads in a row nevermind a whole album that sounds completely the same 

HorusRa2

can we please not make everything controversial? 

You can just not like something for the sake of not liking something. It's really not that complicated. 

56 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I doubt many of us here would hate her for that though. I don’t think people really care much about who she dates anymore 

Exactly, the same way no one hates Justin Bieber for being 'gay' anymore. The 'she writes about her exes!!!' narrative is 100% sexist but Swifties continue to conflate it with all negative opinions as a way to dogwhistle / invalidate valid criticism against her, e.g. her tone-deaf centralisation of political discourse, her middling activism, her lack of artistic growth, the ridiculous Ticketmaster scheme for the rep tour that became industry standard etc.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

SeIena Gomez
7 minutes ago, gag said:

Exactly, the same way no one hates Justin Bieber for being 'gay' anymore. The 'she writes about her exes!!!' narrative is 100% sexist but Swifties continue to conflate it with all negative opinions as a way to dogwhistle / invalidate valid criticism against her, e.g. her tone-deaf centralisation of political discourse, her middling activism, her lack of artistic growth, the ridiculous Ticketmaster scheme for the rep tour that became industry standard etc.

Can you explain the ticket master scheme? 

9 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Can you explain the ticket master scheme? 

In 2017, she and Ticketmaster launched the Verified Fan scheme which basically meant that whoever bought the most merch/albums from her store got first dibs of tour tickets. It’s a symptom of an industry-wide issue but also it was representative of Taylor’s career-long issue with prioritising rich fans (e.g. during the secret sessions) and, sometimes gross, late-capitalistic practices.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Archived