Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Cher outdebuted Madonna

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

Shocking considering Madonna has a moderately popular Medellin. Cher really built a solid fanbase

Blastertoyo

This is why Billboard 200 isn’t actually fair because you can just pick the week no one is releasing 

153,000 is a #1 album any other week 

please enlighten me to death

Musicisfreedom

I don't really see why this thread is a thing. Why do we always have to compare women? Cher DID THAT. PERIOD. We don't need to boost someone because they outdid someone else. Both are amazing, talented queens.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Andreu

Chers album is full of abba covers after she appeared in mamma mia 2 so it makes sense people were waiting for it.

One is a covers album of songs people already love, ABBA songs, you know the very much loved supergroup. I’d say that’s an advantage. No disrespect to Cher, she’s a stunner and a half.

Nah. Abba and Mamma Mia sells. If Cher released a solo album, I wouldn't surprised if she debuted with less units than Madame X.

Lucas

Cher's album is ABBA covers, I think it automatically got more people interested for the nostalgia. How many copies did other Cher albums sold in debut week in the past years ?

Babel

Cher also “outdebuted” Cheek to Cheek :yennefer: I don’t see the logic in these comparisons. 

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

This is why Billboard 200 isn’t actually fair because you can just pick the week no one is releasing 

153,000 is a #1 album any other week 

I think Cher's label wasn't expecting those numbers. If they were they would have moved the album to a less competitive week. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived