đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Smile writing credits revealed

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

It’s not like it took all that bunch of people to write the song, they give writing credits as acknowledging the contribution of that person to the track even for the tiniest suggestions. It could be a word, a different rhyme or a different flow. It doesn’t mean Katy or Gaga or whatever can’t write a whole song by themselves. 

Also because you don’t want to go the court years later when that one person claims he helped you to write the whole thing and now wants all the proceeds! 

I mean, that's valid. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyaway
31 minutes ago, Enzo said:

I'm still mad Max Martin's only contribution to Gaga's discography is Stupid Love :neyde:

They call her Shady Gaga 

lady gaga lol GIF by Golden Globes

You wanted a Max Martin collab hos?

There u have it :ally:

Anderson123

Another thread that turns into making fun of the amount of writers it takes to create one song. That was funny like 10 years ago.

Tired Britney Spears GIF

EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

Another thread that turns into making fun of the amount of writers it takes to create one song. That was funny like 10 years ago.

Tired Britney Spears GIF

To be fair, I don't care how many writers a song has as long as it's a great song

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez
Just now, Bilola said:

a solo album?

I believe so. I haven't seen any collaborations

He/him/his

26 minutes ago, 776673564747836765 said:

she has to add to writers every person who was breathing in the room that day when she recorded it :billie:

and don't forget this from Lemonade :
wy-2.jpg

That song contains 4 samples so no wonder it has that many writers. Everyone who wrote those 4 songs need to be credited and payed. 

Anderson123
1 minute ago, EuphoricVibez said:

To be fair, I don't care how many writers a song has as long as it's a great song

I mean, what makes a great song though ? It's very relative. You have people here on GagaDaily that don't like Bad Romance, The Edge of Glory or Marry The Night and those are considered to be some of her best songs ever. 

Sherry

The way I read Michael Pollack as Michael Polansky :madge:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Whenever I see this type of info, I always think about...

Beyonce-Vs.-Queen1.jpg

lol

And I think of this

51vlGuX7+FL.jpg

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

EuphoricVibez
2 hours ago, Sherry1411 said:

The way I read Michael Pollack as Michael Polansky :madge:

Michael Polansky, I'm- :poot:

He/him/his

3 hours ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

side eye wtf GIF that's an awful lot of people for this simple of a track

The “Smile” production samples another song and the sampled song’s writers and producers ALSO get added into this

StrawberryBlond

Is no one going to talk about the fact that it's not obvious who these 3 collabs are going to be with seeing as the credits don't make it super obvious? My best guess is Cry About It Later feat. Sasha Sloan, Resiliant feat. Ferras and Champagne Problems feat. Carolina Liar. But it's not truly clear. Sasha is more of a songwriter, Ferras has been signed by Katy's label and wrote a song with her before but didn't feature on said song and is this Ian Kilpatrick going to be on his own or part of his band? If this is so, she's going for very obscure features, which I have to give her credit for as you'd think she'd want as many A-list names as she could to sell her songs...but at the same time, maybe a lot of the A-list don't want to work with her anymore?

Archived