Watch the official commercial for Voce Viva

Sign in to follow this  
society

Manchester to build first city-center park in 100 years

FfFfFfFF

The new 6.5-acre Mayfield park, touted as a “once-in-a-generation opportunity”, is part of a £1.4bn development to transform the under-loved urban area between Piccadilly station and Mancunian Way, running along the River Medlock.

The announcement prompted public bodies and grassroots organisations to say the coronavirus crisis had highlighted the importance of outdoor spaces for communities, and to call on the government to increase resources for existing parks.

“Spending time in green spaces such as public parks can help us maintain a healthier weight, reduce our risk of conditions such as cardiovascular disease and boost our mental health.”

“Under the current public health restrictions, there’s been a massive increase in the usage of public green spaces, but there hasn’t been a comparable increase in the resources that is put into managing and maintaining these spaces”

 

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimisaMonster

Good there needs to be a balance of buildings and concrete to nature 

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
21st Century Karen

This is a very good idea. We need more parks and green zones in our cities. 

  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeIena Gomez

I hope the whole 1 billion isn’t going towards that one park cos yikes :bear:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gimme More

Manchester is such a great city in general! When people visit England they shouldn’t just stick to only London, I’d recommend Manchester, great food, nightlife, great feel!

#FreeBritney ♡
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamourpuss
10 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Manchester is such a great city in general! When people visit England they shouldn’t just stick to only London, I’d recommend Manchester, great food, nightlife, great feel!

I agree with this. I love Manchester. 

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LastNight

I live in Manchester and while I’m excited for the new park and think it’s a great project, there are so many existing spaces that need help first. It is an amazing city but Piccadilly Gardens right nearby this proposed new park needs so much help - it’s become awful. I live by another park in the city and it’s fine but it could 100% be improved. 

We have a massive homelessness crisis in Manchester, I’d rather they put funding towards helping out those in need over this. As exciting as it is, it does leave a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth knowing that the money could be put to better use. I kind of feel like you should take care of the spaces you already have first, before plowing ahead with something new...but maybe helping existing public areas will be part of this funding too - I sure hope so! 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dominic

Nice idea definitely, probably end up like Picadilly Gardens full of people dealing and **** mind. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarstruckIllusion
13 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Manchester is such a great city in general! When people visit England they shouldn’t just stick to only London, I’d recommend Manchester, great food, nightlife, great feel!

 

3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

I agree with this. I love Manchester. 

and really hot guys-*ahem* I mean that’s so hottt guys, I’m def gonna stop by, thanks!

OT: Why’s it take 100 years to build a park um... yeah it’s big but what 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ack1234
18 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Manchester is such a great city in general! When people visit England they shouldn’t just stick to only London, I’d recommend Manchester, great food, nightlife, great feel!

Think I need to disagree but same as many other city’s I do feel safer in London and New York more than Manchester.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarstruckIllusion
5 minutes ago, LastNight said:

I live in Manchester and while I’m excited for the new park and think it’s a great project, there are so many existing spaces that need help first. It is an amazing city but Piccadilly Gardens right nearby this proposed new park needs so much help - it’s become awful. I live by another park in the city and it’s fine but it could 100% be improved. 

We have a massive homelessness crisis in Manchester, I’d rather they put funding towards helping out those in need over this. As exciting as it is, it does leave a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth knowing that the money could be put to better use. I kind of feel like you should take care of the spaces you already have first, before plowing ahead with something new...but maybe helping existing public areas will be part of this funding too - I sure hope so! 

The way my last comment held up... + cares about the homeless? That’s the substance we love to see ❤️. Hope the project happens sooner than not...

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gimme More
7 minutes ago, Ack1234 said:

Think I need to disagree but same as many other city’s I do feel safer in London and New York more than Manchester.

I love London too, I wasn’t necessarily saying Manchester is better - I just love both places :) 

#FreeBritney ♡

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...