Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What happened to Maghan Trainor?

flyaway

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, alicefromabove said:

They drag her because they feel threatened by her. I mean, All About that Bass went #1 and Perfect Illusion only got to #17. 

She was supposed to be the next it girl. That was her Bad Romance. Now it's the same with Ava Max. 

But, Ava Max wasn’t/hasn’t yet able to get two-ish successful album rollouts and multiple top 20 hits in the US.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QueenOfSaigon
2 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

They drag her because they feel threatened by her. I mean, All About that Bass went #1 and Perfect Illusion only got to #17. 

She was supposed to be the next it girl. That was her Bad Romance. 

Why do you compare her song with perfect illusion? :huh: It was released two years later and Gaga has many other succesfull songs?

blankpaper
30 minutes ago, Doot said:

She released one good song about liking thick bodies, and then everyone forgot about her. 

Whatever that "No!" song was, I'd pay to have that removed from history. 

It wasn’t even about liking thick bodies, it was about shaming skinny ones. I’m not even skinny and that song has always made me so mad haha 

reality’s tight if the music is right

3 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

It wasn’t even about liking thick bodies, it was about shaming skinny ones. I’m not even skinny and that song has always made me so mad haha 

As a skinny person, I can see what you mean. 

not a french fry

She delayed her third album almost 2 years and people forgot about her:oops:

social experiment gone wrong

Biggest Bitch
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

She just released an album. Blame COVID.

Blame COVID? Blame her terrible new songs :trollga:

Plenty of hits came out since COVID, we can’t blame COVID for everything :selena:

StrawberryBlond

Like a lot of artists who had a massive breakout hit, her first big hit was criticised for having problematic elements. All About That Bass is deemed not so much a body acceptance song now but more of a song exalting one body type and putting down another. Her next few singles were also accused of fake feminism by tapping into traditional gender roles and women making themselves attractive for men's tastes instead of their own. The big turning point was when she released her second album which she said was inspired by early 2000's pop music and it was too different to her retro doo-wop debut, didn't suit her and made the public lose interest in her because she didn't know her identity as an artist. Unfortunately, she's tried to be more modern sounding ever since, not understanding that this isn't what the people liked about her and is just trying to chase a hit. The public are aware of inauthenticity and move on. And personally, I thought with such a breakout hit, she was always going to be doomed to be a one hit/era wonder anyway and was surprised at the level of industry support she got. LA Reid signed her 20 minutes after she performed All About That Bass for him. And remember that Troy left Gaga post-AP to become Meghan's manager. Let's say it didn't take him long to regret that decision.

Archived