Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman is not Single-Worthy

GAGASEXUAL

Featured Posts

high heeled fem

The demo is everything 
whitney houston agree GIF

the album version is not good - probably blood pop made her change it. 

1000 doves is a amazing song that takes one to a higher place 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

I love Free Woman. I don’t know how well it would do on the charts as a single, but I do think it’s one of the most radio friendly songs on the album. 

Additionally, I don’t know why many of us continue to assume songs will tank on charts. Everyone on here was convinced GUY and Stupid Love would smash and be the biggest hit since Bad Romance. Despite the (I guess moderate) success of Stupid Love, we all saw what happened with GUY (and Marry The Night). Let’s forget about the charts and let’s just enjoy the music. As much as id love Gaga to have number 1’s and top 10 hits, it’s not everything. Gaga has solidified herself as a powerhouse and is going for legendary status. I’m happy with whatever single we get next and hopefully we’ll get an amazing music video to enjoy, too. 

Massive Monster

The problem with Free Woman is that in my opinion it sounds completely uneventful apart from the last few seconds of the song when she exclaims "I'm a free womaaaann" over and over again.

I hate the delivery of the verses and the wording, and the first "beat drop" is so empty.

Kind regards

4 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Free Woman is the typical song that gaga herself loves, but nobody else does. like A-YO. 

That's odd, most Americans I know love AYO

4 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

Shallow got lucky because it went viral from people on TikTok and Twitter trying to hit the high note on the chorus. Almost no one could do it close to Gaga hence the fun of watching them all.

A slow guitar ballad like that in 2018 would've never hit #1 on the radio otherwise.

Shallow didn't get lucky, it's a good song. It's one of the most timeless songs that's dropped in the states in years. People fell in love with it. The movie didn't hurt, either ;) 

I think Free Woman, with the proper promotion and perhaps a kick ass performance if possible that could go viral, it could have decent chart success in the US. Maybe even top 20 

Clarence
5 hours ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

it is the WORST song on Chromatica besides 1000 Doves. 

welp you're already off to a bad start with your terrible taste :vegas:

HeavyMetalLover

That thing you said you didn't want to happen...you did it. :bear:

I think Free Woman is the obvious next single - it's catchy af and I think a lot of people would love it, who haven't come across it already. It's grown on me a lot since I first heard it, and I always jam out to it. What's not to love?

i don't remember ARTPOP

HeavyMetalLover
2 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Look at all of you music experts on here and being so sure nothing more of Chromatica will work, y'all are so negative, ffs.

How dare you? They listened to it on their crappy headphones a couple of times, probably in heavy traffic/while having a conversation with someone/watching TV - of course they know what they're talking about. :derpga:

i don't remember ARTPOP

selenalavigne
5 hours ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

Free Woman is the typical song that gaga herself loves, but nobody else does. like A-YO. 

I love Free Woman. It's the best song on Chromatica along with Rain On Me and that's that. 

Free Woman is relatable, has great lyrics, and a CHORUS LIKE AN ACTUAL CHORUS THAT GETS STUCK IN YOUR HEAD which is something a lot of the other songs don't have :ohwell:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Lord Temptation

Free Woman has quite a melancholic, introspective feel to me, which I think makes it an interesting choice for next single :kara:

Agreed. As someone that loved the demo version and hated the album version, I can't be excited if they do release it as a single.

Maybe the MV will be decent enough..:noparty:

I just think it's very very dumb to just ditch Rain On Me and rush for a 3rd single, if that's her team's plan I don't know what are they thinking...ROM has only been on the top of many spotify/applemusic playlists for less than a week then it gets removed or dropped to low position. There has been 0 live performance as well as nearly 0 promotional event for the single. There is still much potential left for this song but her team just want it to drop out so badly so they can release a bomb 3rd single and then call the whole era off...Honestly Gaga's team has always been the worst compared to other divas at the same level

Gagas lil monster

I think Free Woman is one of the best songs on Chromatica. I always get chills in the final belt and it's so inspiring 

With Peace and love

Archived