💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's 'Smile' - potentially her last album?

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, Brandon Flynn said:

Well, if she stops making albums or break the contract with music label, she can record on her phone in Voice Memos, do instrumental in GarageBand and upload her songs on SoundCloud.

She can create KatyBeauty and became a billionaire :bon:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

Absolutely not. The fact that she is hosting American Idol, performed at Tomorrowland (an EDM festival, not exactly a genre she is known for) while pregnant, and has released FIVE music videos even before her album is out, demonstrates her extreme thirst for staying in the spotlight at all costs.

Her team is 100% determined to keep her in front of the paparazzi.

Xoxo Adriana

she already discussed plans for KP6 sis :billie:

i don’t think this is “the end” of katy perry. we really didn’t learn from Gaga’s experience of almost being over did we? everyone said she was over between ARTPOP-Joanne and she came back after doing ASIB/Chromatica.

what i think katy needs is a reinvention, an “emancipation” you could say. she could try film like gaga did, but personally i don’t think she will as she knows the toxic comparisons some LMs bring her down with. 

this may not commercially be her best album to date but who knows, apparently Smile has been one of the most pre-ordered female artist albums of this year so she’s not necessarily “over”. most new artists would die for the level of success she’s currently getting.

cacaca

I think she's just transitioned into a "legacy act" who can easily sell out arena tours and make money through other avenues like presenting or merch.

KP is still a HUGE name. I'm enjoying her new music. It's a shame it's not charting but honestly, it doesn't matter either way at this point in her career.

hotnpsychoxxx

TBH I cannot find out what happened to Katy. Her 2008s peers like Gaga and Taylor are way past their peak eras and went through a 'bad' era, but they still have impact and do well on charts. But Katy is the only one flopping for some reason.

RAMROD

I mean, I'm not mad at it. :fan:

She already hosted a talent show, and got her own Lotus era even before delivering a baby, perhaps this era will be her breaking the record for an era even more abysmal than Lotus? Who knows? Wish her luck.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Blue Monster said:

TBH I cannot find out what happened to Katy. Her 2008s peers like Gaga and Taylor are way past their peak eras and went through a 'bad' era, but they still have impact and do well on charts. But Katy is the only one flopping for some reason.

That's what happen when you uses gimmick than talent, henny!

Taylor is a great song writers, and so did Gaga. Also sonically, both did a major leap, Katy just does not compare, no tea no shade.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RickMonster98

She could easily come back to the top, she just needs a big song and some great visual

Sadly she released as a single "Smile" which may be her wrong single ever :bear:

boyerased

It's still up in the air, but as things currently stand she's somehow in that position where Xtina was during and after Bionic. A bit better though. Katy is one of the biggest pop stars since the 2000s. That alone will guarantee that she'll continue to make music, and I want her too. I think Capitol still has faith in her, but not as much as before. One of her problems is her brand, or lack of it rather. Her songs were always bigger than her, but that is something that can be solved. Whatever happens, I hope that she'll make the music that she likes rather than what they think will give her commercial appeal.

SeIena Gomez

I’m just gonna say, if Witness had:

1) better single choices

2) been an ep rather than album 

3) and better features 

she wouldn’t be in the situation shes in rn. :triggered:

OMonster

She's already said she'll be making more acoustic music after Smile, which I think is the right move. 

I think Smile is likely to be her last 'pop' era for sometime. 

subtext / fantasy

Lucas

I don't think she'll retire any time soon, and I guess her label would keep her but just invest less money to promote her ? She's probably still bringing an insane amount of money from OOTB/TD/PRISM

ThisGuyTony

I don’t think so. Capitol still spent a lot of money on those at home performances, Smile performance video, etc.

Illuminati

They will probably treat her as a legacy artist but there's no reason to drop her.

Archived