Take me up take me down
Take me anywhere you want to baby now
I need you so desperately
Won't you please come around
'Cause I wanna share forever with you baby

Baby come and take me away“

Teletubby

and after years she wrote Side Effects

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Knife

That really makes me sad.

Watching the Dreamlover video, she looked so carefree and natural and it’s one of my favorite songs/videos from her. 

SeIena Gomez

Currently listening to her whole discography, her music is incredible so to read this is heartbreaking :( 

Blown Away

I don't think Dreamlover was necessarily a cry for help, in fact I think none of the Music Box songs were that. Dreamlover was released in July 1993, six weeks after their wedding in June. Also, Mottola made her writing/producing partner make some changes in the production when he was still Mariah's fiancée, which means the song was written before the marriage.

In fact, I even believe that Tommy is the dreamlover she's singing about. She's talked many times about how she thought Tommy was the one, so it would make sense the song would be about him but in a positive manner.

I think the first songs about the abusive nature of their marriage were on Daydream. Songs like Looking In, Melt Away, I Am Free and to some extent Always Be My Baby too.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Archived