Madonna-Cougar.jpg

Hey there!! I'm so pumped :giveup:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Anveeroy

Technical glitch - 15 more minutes! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

shoful

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cb3f82c3246674c77

I have arrived in proper Madame X fashion!

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

selenalavigne

Let's take a moment to appreciate this LEGENDARY album trailer. The hype was real after this. She teased the best songs!!

Anveeroy
Anveeroy

18. Funana - Average Score: 5.4

Highest Score: 10 @Ronk

Lowest Score: 1 @Blown Away

british-vogue-june01-001.jpg

COMMENTS:

@ode honestly it is a platinum gold cringe-bop

@God Control Fine

@nickkoko I appreciate the sentiment of the song, but the vocals are way too autotuned and filtered.

@MonsterOfSpain I have mixed feelings about this one, I find it really cute for her to dedicate a song to all these legends, many of them contemporaries of her... It's kinda sad but happy at the same time

@whoresup This is forgettable to me and would be a skip.

@selenalavigne Good start until she just started naming dead people in all of the verses. Like the sentiment.

@Trillion Reasons I know Funana is far from fan favorites, but I like the idea of this song. It's like, all you need — is music, it can give you anything; if you have any questions, you can try to find answers in different songs.

@Philo I don't really care about the physical issue bonus tracks.

@Lionel Ronaldo Hmm...no

@Blown Away Another song that would get a zero if I could give out multiple. I don't understand what must've gone through her mind to record this song and the include it into her album.

@MingersPrayer Not feeling this. To me it detracts from the other great work on the project. The lyrics are too simplistic to actually make an impact. There needs to be some nuance. The name checking is also cringe.

@BadGurlMadge How about no

@erotic4 Terrible but the lyrics citing the artists think it's cool. What the **** is funana?

@shoful My lowest rated track on the album. Not a fan at all and definitely the only song I desperately want to skip everytime. Not sure why this is called Funana since it doesn’t feature the sound of funana. Also don’t really enjoy her just rattling off names half the time. I hope this is the lowest rated track on the album because nothing is worse than this on the album.

shoful

Bye Funana, you won’t be missed :bye:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

selenalavigne

Loved the beginning but gets super cheesy lmao.

Anveeroy

17. Back That Up To The Beat - Average Score: 5.83

Highest Score: 10 @GaGaLB @lasagna

Lowest Score: 0 @Pennywise

AP1125912-001.jpg

COMMENTS:

@ode LOVE the robotic vibes they gave this compared to the original Rebel Heart demo

@God Control Feels like a HC or RH leftover

@nickkoko Much better than the demo version we got a few years before. A fun song, great beat.

@MonsterOfSpain If you've gotten to this point you'll know by now that Madame X is also an autotune lover... Jokes aside, this bop is honestly quite underrated. I read it was originally for Rebel Heart which kinda makes sense.

@whoresup Really enjoyed this as an unreleased Rebel Heart track, think it’s a bit of a bop just a shame so many good tracks didn’t make the album at the time.

@Trillion Reasons To be honest, I like Rebel Heart Demo Version of this song a little bit more, but I am glad Madonna kept this track. Also, lyrically it feels like a part of Extreme Occident. I mean, in Extreme Occident Madonna says that she has finally found herself, her freedom, and in BTUTTB she says: "Now I know how freedom feels, I'm never gonna stop". Another song about freedom and enjoying your life.

@Philo I like the beat the most, it's very far-eastern sounding combined with house, my cup of tea, but the vocals are meh.

@Lionel Ronaldo Horrible. Just left it out the portfolio.

@Blown Away This one mentally cracked me. I was in desperate need of a song on this album that was even just tolerable and this one came on. I loved the instrumental and I thought I had finally found it. Then the vocals came in and my hope was crushed like a fly. Whoever did the vocal production on this thing should be banned from making music ever again.

@memomemome It seems belong to Hard Candy? idk
Oh wait I realized Pharrell write this. no wonder.

@MingersPrayer The leaked demo was better than the final version. To me this doesn't fit on the Madame X project. The Pharrell input actually makes me think of Hard Candy even though it was written 10 years later. Too repetitive for me.

@erotic4 Horrible, one of the worst things I ever heard from madonna, but a few seconds at the end were good.

@shoful I have mixed feelings about this track. I never liked it when it leaked for Rebel Heart. And even though she revamped it for this album it still has the same effect to me. The changed lyrics make it more relevant to this album so I appreciate that but am slightly annoyed she never says the word “Beat” even though it’s in the title. It’s like she knows we all heard it before and just duped us. I do love the super robotic sound of this song tho. Her most autotuned vocals on the album.

nickkoko

I don't think Back That Up is that bad... Like it's not a highlight of the album but it's a fun track, and surely better than the demo.

Archived