Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

TikTok creates insensitive filter

Lighter

Featured Posts

gagaschickens

It's a damn filter. The filter doesn't even have to do with the sound choice, that's up to the person creating the video.

How tf is wind blowing in ur face ignorant. Just let me know.

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
Just now, AdmistTheLight said:

People from other culture use Western songs, culture as joke all the time. Geez, not everything have to be racist :saladga:

That's why I used the word - Classical, who made fun of Gospel music? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

SeIena Gomez
3 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

That's why I used the word - Classical, who made fun of Gospel music? 

Wet Fire
10 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

@Adarsh @Wet Fire @ANTI WP - Just read the replies; ignorants everywhere. 

Honestly, I don't know where to begin.

A bunch of kids who don't understand why a white person using an element of Indian culture as an instrument of laughter  is problematic - is this surprizing? :reductive:

Anveeroy
Just now, Wet Fire said:

A bunch of kids who don't understand why a white person using an element of Indian culture as an instrument of laughter - is this surprizing? :reductive:

Education matters! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Oriane

:smh: It's just the way she sings that amplifies the effect and makes it funnier... He could have used some soprano belting in an opera, it would have been the same. But no, no, he can't use that because it's not his culture (I don't think it's a stretch to say he doesn't know classical opera any better than he knows Indian music).

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Wet Fire

To anyone wondering why Indians might find it wrong:

Imagine a white person using a filter which distorts face according to the accent or speech pattern of a black person.

Accent, speech, like music is intrinsic to race.

If this white guy had used an element of culture which he knows because of his close proximity with it (not something 'exotic' or 'oriental') , it won't have been bad.

2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Education matters! 

Or maybe people don't share the same views with you and are not offended by every little thing on the internet. Using the "kids" and "uneducated" card is just boring and absolutely unnecessary

Wet Fire
Just now, LM said:

Or maybe people don't share the same views with you and are not offended by every little thing on the internet. Using the "kids" and "uneducated" card is just boring and absolutely unnecessary

Ggd is a community dominated by western or western-influenced culture. No wonder people won't care if it doesn't serve the purpose of the majority. :pole:

rasclautmangos

I've seen videos with several people using this sound and filter on Tik Tok. I don't understand it at all. I guess it's supposed to be funny? 

I definitely had no idea it had anything to do with Indians or India. 

Wet Fire
42 minutes ago, AdmistTheLight said:

People from other culture use Western songs, culture as joke all the time. Geez, not everything have to be racist :saladga:

What an ignorant comment. :emma:

Using westernn culture as a joke (though it is wrong) is not same as using other cultures as joke.

Do you even know the world is dominated by Western countries with white majority?

Or that it is a form of colonialism through media?

Other cultures don't get the privilege which white culture gets because of the west-domination in the world.

Just now, Wet Fire said:

Ggd is a community dominated by western or western-influenced culture. No wonder people won't care if it doesn't serve the purpose of the majority. :pole:

If he used some Czech traditional song with this filter I wouldn't mind it at all. I just don't get offended by these little things, if others do, okay, that's your feelings and your life and I won't tell others how to feel or not feel.

But bringing the kids and lack of education "argument" is just dumb. Grow up, there's a lot of people and many of them won't agree with you and that's ok.

audrey horne
32 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

A bunch of kids who don't understand why a white person using an element of Indian culture as an instrument of laughter  is problematic - is this surprizing? :reductive:

I was trying to find the words. This. Unconscious (or blatant) laughter at cultures we don't understand is malicious because it's like considering said culture worthy of disrespectful delight. It really is about self-ignorance and fabricated sentiments of being/having better.

edit: the "it's just a filter idgi" comments, every battle count in destroying rampant racism/imperialism. the problem is the song choice combined with this particular filter. 

• Jase locked this topic

Archived