Will Chromatica age badly?

wrs

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

Gurl Sine From Above is literally 6 years old already and sounds even older than that. Just cause you like it, doesn’t mean it’s gonna age well.

it's timeless.

ShayCristoforo

Gaga is always ahead of the times. There will be others "trying" to do what she's done with Chromatica, probably for the next several years. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

MonsterPaws

Maybe a couple of songs but idk. I don't see it aging badly. So far I don't feel that way for any of Gaga's albums imo.

Suspiria

When did stans become obsessed with music "ageing" I hate it:madge: half the time they don't even know what it means. They say an album that came out a week ago "aged like milk" because they got bored of it.

If everything was "timeless" everything would sound the same. If it ages it means it's a good example of its time. If everyone was afraid of being "of their time" we would never innovate or move forward, and we would have no sense of an 'era' in music/pop culture.

That said, I don't think Chromatica will "age", other than perhaps Free Woman. Most of the album is very 90s in its sound, so it has already been "out of style", and is now simply "retro".

bionic
18 minutes ago, MonsterPaws said:

Maybe a couple of songs but idk. I don't see it aging badly. So far I don't feel that way for any of Gaga's albums imo.

A good portion of The Fame has aged poorly IMO. But agree about most of others

buy bionic

Nylon Smile
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

When an album is equally nostalgic AND modern upon release, you know it’s an instant classic :jase:

And this album is none of those. Vapid pop music at best.

not a french fry
3 hours ago, wrs said:

+Sine from above

I honestly think that SFA already sounds very 7 years ago...

but it doesn’t bother me, it’s still a bop, it’s just something I’ve noticed:ohwell:

social experiment gone wrong

2 hours ago, COOOK said:

Why does the Chromatica bashing come from the freshly new members?

Who sent you!!!

The Satan. :bear:
I'm joking.
I love Chromatica so bad. I want to have a legendary status as TF, TFM, BTW and ASIB:hug:

Lord Temptation
17 minutes ago, Nylon Smile said:

And this album is none of those. Vapid pop music at best.

Says the vapid one :excuseu: :reductive: :trollga:

Gracious Gaga

It sounded dated the day it was released :( 

♥ Kindness Police.

Poissonche
18 minutes ago, Doot said:

What does age badly mean?

A good example in Gaga's discography would be Starstruck. It just sounds too much like 2008-2009, almost like a parody of it. That happens when artists follow the time's current trends with no personal touch.

Archived