Zeth 948 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 This is why I don't buy into any Google services. Unless you're using Gmail/Google Drive/G Suite, each service only lasts like <5 years. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
EuphoricVibez 9 Posted August 5, 2020 Author Share Posted August 5, 2020 2 minutes ago, Zeth said: This is why I don't buy into any Google services. Unless you're using Gmail/Google Drive/G Suite, each service only lasts like <5 years. Exactly. There are only a few services that have made it past 5 years when it comes to Google Apps. It frustrates me because I used to use a lot of them, only for them to shut it all down He/him/his Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
POPARTHD 7,053 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 11 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said: It reminds me of what they did with Google+ and Orkut, and Picasa, and Google Reader, and Goo.gl, among thousands of other things they’ve killed. There’s literally a website called “Killed By Google” with every single feature/thing they’ve killed. https://killedbygoogle.com Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
EuphoricVibez 9 Posted August 5, 2020 Author Share Posted August 5, 2020 4 minutes ago, POPARTHD said: and Orkut, and Picasa, and Google Reader, and Goo.gl, among thousand of other things they’ve killed. There’s literally a website called “Killed By Google” with every single feature/thing they’ve killed. https://killedbygoogle.com Holy crap! I knew they cancelled a lot of apps, but I didn't realize they killed this many of them. Google, get it together. He/him/his Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Danny Milk 1,732 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 Wait i have it on my android phone which is never connected to the internet, what will happen? BTW i use it to listen to all my music i have downloaded onto a SD card that inside it I guess it doesn't really matter Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,161 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 7 minutes ago, Danny Milk said: Wait i have it on my android phone which is never connected to the internet, what will happen? BTW i use it to listen to all my music i have downloaded onto a SD card that inside it You're safe. It is only the streaming service that will be discontinued (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Danny Milk 1,732 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 3 minutes ago, RAMROD said: You're safe. It is only the streaming service that will be discontinued oh thanks so much, i was getting worried cuz it's my fave program to use to listen to music I guess it doesn't really matter Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HeavyMetalLover 16 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 4 hours ago, pachinko said: why is google doing this? What is replacing it? ChromaticaTV i don't remember ARTPOP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kindness Ponk 2,994 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 This is typical Google lol. They shut down a service out of nowhere just to replace it with another service/ app with different name Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NotDoctor 708 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 I'm so sad about this. Moved most of my music to Apple Music. YouTube Music sucks right now and I have too much music that's not on streaming services to use Spotify. Was good while it lasted I guess but also, **** Google Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,649 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 Didnt known there was a “google music” prefer Apple Music sorry googs Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lona Delery 7,227 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 sad, i tried to switch to YT Music but its absolute garbage... there are so many key features missing from GPM I need like - edit metadata of your own music - a proper web player thats not slow af - a proper SHUFFLE feature, the one from YTM is broken with big playlists - mass selecting songs in playlists so its easier to rearrange playlists very sad to see GPM go, the cloud locker feature combined with streaming + a music store to buy my fave albums/albums not available on streaming was the main selling point for me Apple Music comes the closest to GPM, but their desktop player aka Itunes is horrible and the web browser is also broken... considering i listen to music on my computer most of the time, thats a no Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bt1 5,213 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 17 hours ago, RAMROD said: Well, it is sad for its user. But it had writings on the wall. It is hard to compete with Spotify and Apple Music. Even most android users are using them and the google branded service. Especially Spotify. That's not the reason. They will focus on YouTube Music Premium. If Tidal still exists, Google shouldnt have a problem to keep a music app. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
EuphoricVibez 9 Posted August 5, 2020 Author Share Posted August 5, 2020 12 hours ago, VenusHooker said: A few months ago I bought A Star Is Born Encore from Google Play Movies. I just hope I don't get a surprise one of these days I hope you don't either. That would be a huge mess if that happens He/him/his Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alvaro Moreno Ullrich 1,554 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 Oh no, my albums (that nobody buys) are there too 😥 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.