Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's Folklore Debuts at #1!

Gimme More

Featured Posts

TheArcher
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Of course her US sales would be good but even they will be front-loaded. Internationally, folk/indie music isn't going to sell as well, its only gone #1 in a few European countries thus far. Even though it went #1 in the UK, even I was shocked that she got just 37k, so she didn't beat Gaga's opening week in the UK after all. This is unquestionably an album for the fans. The public want pop bops from her, that's what all her biggest hits consisted of. Any top tens she has from this won't last long when it's just the fans buying and they'll already have the album. Her release of this when she hasn't even rescheduled her cancelled Lover-fest tour and when a tour for this album will also be heavily delayed was a bad move. Time will have to tell for this one. I don't see it being remembered in pop history at the moment.

No. It will be remembered in MUSIC HISTORY. 

The low numbers in the UK and other countries are because there were no physical albums available in stores, and paying for shipping from her store is too expensive.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, weed said:

I’d be surprised if specific users didn’t come in this thread to downplay the achievement :laughga:

6 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

too late, we get 28738 novels by them with each album :billie:

You are aware I can see this, right? These comments are not funny or original. I don't know how many times I have to say it. I don't make pithy comments about members I don't like every time they show up in a thread. Just ignore and move on with your life.

3 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

No. It will be remembered in MUSIC HISTORY. 

The low numbers in the UK and other countries are because there were no physical albums available in stores, and paying for shipping from her store is too expensive.

I think that will be even less likely on a grand scale. Taylor's really only known/respected in the pop stratosphere. Outsiders are pretty much like "Who's that?" or "Heard of her but don't listen to her." And I know there's no physical copies available right now but most people buy digitally, streaming counts towards sales and because of lockdown, a lot of physical sales aren't happening anyway.

TheArcher
52 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Her albums actually hold on quite well. I wouldn't be shocked if her second week sales were still higher than Gaga's debut week.

Lover did 178K (second week)

I estimate ~200K for folklore.

weed
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You are aware I can see this, right? These comments are not funny or original. I don't know how many times I have to say it. I don't make pithy comments about members I don't like every time they show up in a thread. Just ignore and move on with your life.

I made my comment after only reading the first page, yours just happened to be the post right above mine lol

Red Velvet

Time to throw out the strawberry. Gone rotten after seeing folklore's success.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

TimisaMonster

Pretends to be shocked...when you release 15 different versions of the same album :billie:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

PopEmergency

SHE DID THAT :firega:

waiting for my vinyl to arrive in 3 months :laughga:

The pop girls said "2020 - we'll be doing 80/disco honey"

Taylor said ":yennefer: nah"

gypsy101

simon falk predicts cardigan will debut at #1 as well, with the 1, exhale and last great american dynasty all in the top 10, and 6 other songs in the top 40

Suuus
30 minutes ago, weed said:

I made my comment after only reading the first page, yours just happened to be the post right above mine lol

Writing that comment was very petty in the first place 

Spock

I love how that user has been in every Taylor thread (since at least the 1989 era) trying to downplay her achievements and yet she slays every time :billie:

6 years of stomping, i would seethe too tbh 

tenor.gif?itemid=4985979

OT: 

:applause:

who will love me when the night is over

weed
1 minute ago, Suuus said:

Writing that comment was very petty in the first place 

More petty than people coming to a thread to discredit a woman's success? Interesting

Suuus
3 minutes ago, weed said:

More petty than people coming to a thread to discredit a woman's success? Interesting

Yes its childish to call out a user like that also its not downplaying its this users opinion 

blankpaper
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You are aware you’re not the only one who complains about Taylor succeeding right? There are plenty of other people who make the same sort of comments 

reality’s tight if the music is right

weed
Just now, Suuus said:

Yes its childish to call out a user like that

I am a child of God, so :flower:

• Jase locked this topic

Archived