1. 1. ?

• I love it!
    • It’s OK
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio

INLA deserved I Will Always Love You kind of success. 

But Shallow is unmistakable, unmatched, and TRULY (not twitter) I C O N I C in our culture. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sister

I love that it is so successful for Gaga, but it's not for me. I don't usually like songs in that style, honestly. She shows off her singing abilities though and I am happy that everyone appreciates her singing chops, we been knew. :legend:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

ChromaticRaccoon

in terms of success, it's Bad Romance level. I know a lot of people on here don't wanna accept that, considering they think BD is the better sing (They're not wrong). But when the GP think of Gaga, they're gonna think of shallow first, it's a peak in her career that brought all kinds of people into the Gaga world. Wasn't just pop fans anymore. Not my favourite song, and honestly Bradley's part kinda annoys me (Not the best singer) but I love it and it deserves all the love and fame it gets!

jimmytimestep
1 hour ago, andrew23 said:

Shallow, ARUTW, INLA are in her top 5 best songs ever :trollga:

this tho i'd probably say top 10 rather than top 5. 

INLA gets NO love and I think it's one of her absolute greatest songs ever

It's ok, not my favorite, like if it came on I wouldn't change it, but I'd almost never like choose to play it :awkney:

GagaSine

I really love it, the emotion in her voice and the lyrics gives me shivers every time! 

I do think it is lacking in ways, the structure of the song is a little weird/abrupt and empty in moments and I feel it needs more lyrics/repetition but overall a very strong entry in Gaga’s discography. 

“In all the good times I find myself longing for change” is a line I deeply relate to.

Delulu Rogers

Love the success but ARUTW is miles better as are many other of her songs post ARTPOP 

My Name Isnt Alice

I know it's gonna be one of my faves when I heard the "AAAAAAAAAAAAH" on the trailer

joannesrats

It’s not her best song. ARUTW or INLA are better songs. I was never sure why everyone loved Shallow so much 

When I first heard it: 

I thought it was underwhelming. The structure, the lazy "shalalallow" part, and the vocals gave me Joanne vibes.

Today: 

I still wish it was better, especially after hearing a duet like "Exile". But its grown on me a lot. The chorus is incredible, the bridge is iconic, and of course that scene... Is That Alright? is far better but I'm happy she added this classic to your catalog.

Prostitute Barbie

It’s amazing. I always loved how it sounds like an 80s rock ballad 

Archived