💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga doesn't owe you anything

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

Jason Gilson

If these were ordinary times, yeah I’d be upset about the lack of promo. With that being said, this year has been anything but, so I understand. As much as I’d love to see a bunch of live performances and music videos, at least we got an amazing album to listen to. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HausOfAntonio

Are people genuinely saying she’s playing white saviour? People really don’t know how to distinguish between performative activism and actual allyship I guess. 

Or they just genuinely don’t know wtf it means to be an ally. A white saviour wouldn’t elevate black voices, but use their own as if it were that of a black person’s. 

Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

Are people genuinely saying she’s playing white saviour? People really don’t know how to distinguish between performative activism and allyship I guess. 

If you ask me, it would be more obvious if she literally was promoting and doing BLM at the same time. 

She's correct by putting her own stuff completely to the side in order to be authentic and true to the cause she's giving a platform too. 

HausOfAntonio

As for the promo, just go find a hobby at this point smhhhhhh :billie:

HausOfAntonio
Just now, Doot said:

If you ask me, it would be more obvious if she literally was promoting and doing BLM at the same time. 

She's correct by putting her own stuff completely to the side in order to be authentic and true to the cause she's giving a platform too. 

It would be if she were actively using her activism as a selling point, which she doesn’t and never has. Not when she has results and receipts to prove her impact. 

Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

It would be if she were actively using her activism as a selling point, which she doesn’t and never has. Not when she has results and receipts to prove her impact. 

we know that, yes. 

but what the asshole media normally thinks?

she's had to go through it before, and she just got done rebuilding her image from it. It's better to not do anything to mess that up. 

Curunir
1 hour ago, Doot said:

Just keep posting this. 

That was posted by the lovely @Ronk and I just quoted it, but yes!!

1 hour ago, HeavyPunkLover said:

Haus Lab posts since July: 44

Anything Chromatica related: 0

Double standards 

Haus Labs posts on Gaga's Instagram since May 21st: 1

Haus Labs posts on Gaga's Twitter since May 19th: 2 (of which 1 is a retweet)

I'm sorry but you're mixing apples and oranges. Gaga doesn't personally run Haus Labs' account on either of these platforms, so your argument doesn't hold up too much. Not to mention the team of people responsible for running them, but other users have explained that very well above me.

Other than that, her timelines have been filled with Chromatica-related posts, BLM and BTW Foundation here and there. You can't judge that.

I do understand the frustration though, really. And I'd love some promo too (which I'm sure is coming, we just have to be a little patient) but people saying that she owes us anything is just plain wrong.

HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

we know that, yes. 

but what the asshole media normally thinks?

she's had to go through it before, and she just got done rebuilding her image from it. It's better to not do anything to mess that up. 

At the end of the day I’m comfortable enough knowing there will always be people who think that. We know she can lay in her deathbed confident and proud of the work she did to make people’s lives better and not many people can do that. 

My Name Isnt Alice
12 minutes ago, Doot said:

This is the most appropriate reason for her silence once the insta turnover is finished maybe we'll get back in track :heart: 

Ronk
13 minutes ago, Doot said:

Mte.  And I applaud her for it.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Werewolves Wanted
1 hour ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

She fired everyone and is now literally doing it all herself. Even the merch. :triggered:

Yes queen sew those pants! Burn those CDs! Print those booklets at Walmart! :legend:

GregJA

I was told in another thread she owes us 

:saladga:

y’all are crazy :yennefer:

Spoiler

:stalkga:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

Pennywise

And we do not owe her anything either, next. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

SissyFromSpace
15 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

And we do not owe her anything either, next. 

Glad you got the memo.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

• Admin locked this topic

Archived