đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rina Sawayama blocked from entering British Awards

Eido

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

They’re scared cause her album sh*ts on everyone else who they consider “real” Brits. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DavidLuis198
Just now, Doot said:

What kind of music does she make?

Unrelated to the OP I know, just curious. 

Her album has a little bit of everything, there's pop, R&B, metal, rock, dance-pop...

I don't know how to write in english

2 minutes ago, DavidLuis198 said:

Her album has a little bit of everything, there's pop, R&B, metal, rock, dance-pop...

I'll have to check it out!

OMonster
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

I'll have to check it out!

I just listened to her latest album for the first time, and I couldn't help but listen to the whole damn thing. It's honestly a masterpiece... like, a solid 10/10. 

It's Gaga meets Avril meets Madonna meets Bowie. 

I was not expecting to be so impressed, wow. 

It's very experimental at times, but has the accessibility of great pop music. 

One of the best albums I've ever listened to. 

You gotta listen! 

subtext / fantasy

Just now, OMonster said:

I just listened to her latest album for the first time, and I couldn't help but listen to the whole damn thing. It's honestly a masterpiece... like, a solid 10/10. 

You gotta listen! 

I'll listen in a little bit! I'm excited now. 

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, Eido said:

You can have dual nationality by birth (by location is forbidden by the Japanese state) until the age of 22, then you have the obligation to chose. So you should ask you friend if they chose because depensing on their age, they might have lost it and they don't even know

My adult friend is in her early 40s and still retains dual nationality. I know this is not supposed to be able to happen, but somehow, she pulled it off. She was born in the US to Japanese parents, and when she was 10, moved to Japan. In her 20s, she moved back to the US, where she currently lives, working for the good gent Elon. I asked her about this recently because a friend of a friend had a question about dual nationality between Japan and the US, and she confirmed that she does retain both. She primarily uses her US passport, but when she visits Japan, she always uses her Japanese passport. 

My other friend's daughter is only 6 or something, so I imagine she will have to choose when she is older. In this case, my friend has dual US-Canadian citizenship, and she married a Japanese national and gave birth to their daughter in Japan. Now they live in Canada. For now, her daughter has three passports, but I believe she will have to give up her Japanese nationality at some point, as presumably she will want to keep her Canadian and US citizenship, though who knows. 

She/Her/Hers

BTW for those interested, she has a YouTube channel and she will soon release a documentary on the creation of her album 

Werk
2 hours ago, Lona Delery said:

Rina sis u can apply for british citizenship anyway, just dont tell the japanese u did - i have some japanese friends who have 2 passports and its no problem as long as u dont mention it to someone from ur local embassy or immigration/customs whenever ur in Japan. Don't ask, don't tell

but other than that, it is pretty jarring how she is excluded from these awards - i kind of see the point of keeping them British artist exlusive obviously, but i think there are better ways of assessing if someone is eligible or not than just their passport

If Rina is gaining popularity though as an artist wouldn't Japan eventually find out if she did that :selena: 

paradox
2 hours ago, Venusfly said:

Japan not allowing dual nationality is an issue but it's not as brazen as the BRITs being aware of the issue and still denying her based on technicalities. nothing but racism on their part. it is SO much easier for them to change the guidelines for an awards show than it is to change citizenship law for a country. 

okay this is so true :giveup:

we need to make noise about it tbh

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Doot said:

What kind of music does she make?

Unrelated to the OP I know, just curious. 

Indie pop with hints of R&B, 00s pop, alt-rock, metal, house, disco, dance, sometimes she even delves into balladry or more experimental sounds.

3 hours ago, President Biden said:

:yennefer:maybe we should end segregated awards like “Male Artist” or the entire BET Awards. 

:haroon:Segregation ain’t cute

You’re ignorant af! The BET Awards is meant for black artists and other minorities to celebrate their art and accomplishments and is in no way biased towards women; in fact it’s the only awards show that fairly awards black women and where they are celebrated. I don’t see how you it’s even brought up when the topic of the thread is a British-Japanese artist living in the UK. 

TheSlash

1 hour ago, OMonster said:

You gotta listen! 

1 hour ago, Doot said:

I'll listen in a little bit! I'm excited now. 

And that mere days after my megarate for that album ended :bear:  :fatcat: 

Ew, David!

Archived