💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Folklore debuts with metascore of 93 (4 reviews)

LateToCult

Featured Posts

Can someone explain to me what „metascore“ is please?

Who are the critics, like fans or music experts?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Biden

:selena: i hate to break it to yall but Fiona Crabapple or whatever her name is won’t win, if even nominated. She is completely irrelevant to viewers, has no real fanbase, won’t bring in any attention, and is an established artist. 

Grammys for the past few years have trended towards up-and-coming artists. They like to be the place to cement newer stars. Billie & Kacey are obviously the most evident examples. But before that, they did the same for Sam and Ed too.

So my bet is Future Nostalgia on that basis. After Hours also gets a slight edge because The Weeknd is still considered fresh. And then if the Grammy decided to stick to the normal script, Gags and Tay will be the one then.

But I’m doubtful Folklore will be submitted, Taylor seems to hold a Grammy grudge now

I got drunk

Anderson123
1 hour ago, urgirl said:

I hope she gets a Grammy just because that scene in Miss America where she finds out reputation got no nominations was so sad :messga:

Lol I thought that was so cringe. She has won Album of the Year twice now before she was even 30 and all she had to say when they told her Reputation "only" got Pop Vocal Album was "Oh ok, I have to make a better record" like trying to make people feel bad for her that her work wasn't good enough. Sorry but that was such a pity moment. Many artists and bands have busted their asses for many years and never got a nomination or even get noticed, she should be grateful with what she has accomplished at such a young age.

RudraCNG

Okay, I liked the album but I think that's a reach. I mean they're basically implying that it's much better than Future Nostalgia, After Hours or Chromatica, and much better than all her past albums. Yeah, the media loves her, but they should try to pretend to be a little more impartial.

Also, I can't trust reviewers that rate the albums just hours after they got released. Give it at least a couple of days to think it through.

edengowon
4 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Can someone explain to me what „metascore“ is please?

Who are the critics, like fans or music experts?

it's an average score calculated through the ratings that critics give it

the artist formerly known as melancholia

edengowon
1 minute ago, RudraCNG said:

Okay, I liked the album but I think that's a reach. I mean they're basically implying that it's much better than Future Nostalgia, After Hours or Chromatica. Yeah, the media love her, but they should try to pretend to be a little more impartial.

it is better though :triggered:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Wet Fire
8 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Besides, another factor that comes into play is that albums have more positive receptions in recent years. Dua Lipa, Beyonce and now Taylor all have 90+ scores. This was completely unheard of in the 2000s. No Bjork album had such a high score..

A 80 score isn't that high anymore after so many pop artists have one or more albums with 80+ scores. Soon 90+ scores will not be *that* incredibile anymore.

Totally agree. Even some legendary albums of the 2000s have no more than 80. The general attitude of critics has changed over time.

The Idler Wheel
31 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Teal was the colour of your shirt when you were 16 at the yogurt shop 

Is a 93

:enigma:

ok 

Nice to cherry pick ONE line from an hour long album, and decide that it doesn't deserve that score because of it.

P-P-P-PLASTIC I-I-I'M SO PLASTIC...Chromatica deserved a 40 then?

Red Velvet

In this episode of "people discrediting Taylor Swift"....

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

3 minutes ago, Autumn said:

it's an average score calculated through the ratings that critics give it

Critics as in fans on platforms like Amazon Music?

Darcklighter22

Don't worry it'll go down. It's ok it should of been a 7-8 track EP 

RudraCNG
3 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Only media critics.

Red Velvet
3 minutes ago, Gagi said:

... chile tanginang gago.

It's the reviewers from platforms such as New York Times, MTV, Pitchfork and Los Angeles Times.

User score is basically from fans.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

22 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Also, I can't trust reviewers that rate the albums just hours after they got released. Give it at least a couple of days to think it through.

Reviewers at major publications do often get advanced copies, unless it's a truly out-of-the-blue, 100% surprise drop. I'd suspect that Taylor's team sent traceable copies of the album to a handful of major editors, so yeah. (Still, many reviews probs got written right after it was released and without any extra time to listen.)

interesting article on this: https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/05/hey-critics-cool-it-with-those-same-day-album-reviews/

Archived