💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

I don’t get replay’s hype

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Economy
2 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Maybe you're not playing it loud enough.

2 hours ago, joannesrats said:

And that's your problem!

2 hours ago, erotic4 said:

ok

@Twitter I don't think ur the only one to get dragged or shaded :enigma:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GregJA

It’s one of the best songs on the album.

i love the little details from the beginning where before she says “Am I still alive” the sound sort of fades in and is distorted almost like she is slowly coming to from being in a car accident (say car as an example because that’s the sound at the very beginning) and then the sound fully comes in when she says “Am I still alive” I just picture her eyes shooting wide open after slowly coming to.

the reverse sounds (rewinding sounds) and towards the end the build up that turns into an aggressive growl and drop is :vegas:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

35 minutes ago, Economy said:

@Twitter I don't think ur the only one to get dragged or shaded :enigma:

Nah when I get dragged its worse than that. :ladyhaha:

Economy
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Nah when I get dragged its worse than that. :ladyhaha:

I get dragged too sometines but it depends. Seems to be a hit and miss :enigma:

Jase

Was one of my least faves after my first listen but it's now in my top 5 :flutter: 

EnigmaNecrotic1

It's ALL about the sample for me. PopGa meets Diana Ross?? Iconic. Favorite deep cut in several albums tbh 

Felonies? Loves it.

ladygagafan1234

are you kidding me? when i first heard that bridge i thought i was going to go into cardiac arrest. it's the closest a song has made me feel like that since aura in 2013.

Judas Society

the genius of Replay is that she uses disco in a very non-disco manner lol. This track may not be obviously easy to listen to, but it actually shows her and Bloodpop's creativity in using genres in a different way.

It doesn't make you feel like dancing because it's not the happy dance type song. It's more of a frustrated dance song imo. I would dance to it if I'm depressed and ****, just like the lyrics.

My Name Isnt Alice
5 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Me with Alice

(still a great song, I don't think it's the worst, but I do think it's definitely overhyped) 

:dom: don't go to wonderland

I personally think it's one of her best song to date, *I will get hate for this but* even better than bad romance.

The subject is her most personal and darkest up to date to so it really stands out to me because it basically says that she doesn't want to be "lady gaga" anymore, yet she still does it for us her fans.

The beat and flow of the song is one of the most unique of off chromatica, the build from verse to chorus to drop is one of her best. It's not a typically boring song, and it live up to the concept of the album "dancing through the pain" it's like she's screaming for help with this track, I feel kinda bad for her in a way. 

When I first listened to chromatica, I expected this to be a filler track because "Replay" isn't a really interesting word to begin with but it became one of her best on her whole discography 

So...:queenga:

the genius of Replay is that she uses disco in a very non-disco manner lol. This track may not be obviously easy to listen to, but it actually shows her and Bloodpop's creativity in using genres in a different way.

It doesn't make you feel like dancing because it's not the happy dance type song. It's more of a frustrated dance song imo. I would dance to it if I'm depressed and ****, just like the lyrics.

THIS THIS THIS...it also has an eerie and distorting effect that is obviously intended

i dont say its a good song but i just disagree with some people who thinks it should be a single. 

When you say “hype” though I don’t really get what you mean. As in, sure, many Gaga fans seem to love the song but so do other songs from the album. I wouldn’t really say there is massive hype around Replay. I personally listen to it all the time, it’s catchy, very danceable and a fun song while also having a hint of old Gaga to it imo. It could work as a single and a music video too 

Archived