El Verdugo

The lack of taste in this thread is disturbing :triggered: 

Replay is one of the best Gaga songs :huntyga:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterMom
59 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

It’s my least favorite song on chromatica.

to me it sounds a bit boring.

Plastic doll >>>>>>>

Maybe you just haven’t been through enough trauma to appreciate it :ally:

Head Empty

Not a single song on this planet makes me want to dance more than Replay. That last chorus is just pure energy, and I can't imagine how insane it would be to experience it live.

It's not a song to just casually listen on the couch though. You have to blast it.

gagasicebath

My top 3 changes almost weekly but Replay is always in there. I love the intro, the lyrics, the vocals, and it feels really defiant too, like you can hear her rage as she works through her pain.

That said, I'm not on the Babylon or Sour Candy hype train but I'm not here to tell anyone that a song should or shouldn't speak to them or make them feel something, even if it doesn't do it for me.

JudasJustDance
43 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Me with Alice

(still a great song, I don't think it's the worst, but I do think it's definitely overhyped) 

Ur avi:queenga: 

n e ways I don’t think Alice is that hyped compared to 911/Babylon/Replay. Alice is great though, at times I don’t get much from listening to it but when I pay attention and I’m actually listening to the song, it’s a bop. Prob one of the only songs on the album I prefer the Chorus and pre chorus over the verses. The prechorus going into the first chorus is:firega: the production > 

OT: It’s a solid song, I do think it’s a bit overrated. Took me a while to realize those noises were rewinding sounds. this song (for me) is the Teeth of Chromatica. idk why I always have that thought when I listen to replay lol. I do love the full circle thing with who pulled the trigger and then you had a gun. :enigma:

SILENT HILL
1 hour ago, mic said:

Because of its message which is original, sound is cool too. 

THISSS

Prostitute Barbie

I love how it builds up kind of gradually then goes hard on the drop and then when that final chorus kicks in we’re basically back in Bad Romance/Poker Face/Judas territory in terms of danceability and that’s why I love it so much :legend:

ssslyboy

I don't dislike it, but I don't get the hype either.  And I can point to a specific thing that irks me just a tad about it.  When the chorus approaches I feel like the beginning of the chorus is gonna be a big drop, or whatever you call it.  It seems like the most intense part (the louder part that is really bassy and sledgehammering) comes at the end of the chorus and it's unsatisfying to me.  I want that intense part to happen right when the chorus hits (with the "I don't know what to do.." lyrics.)  Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?  [I'm asking the people who don't adore the song. :huntyga:]

ssslyboy
12 minutes ago, BrownEyess said:

I love how it builds up kind of gradually then goes hard on the drop and then when that final chorus kicks in we’re basically back in Bad Romance/Poker Face/Judas territory in terms of danceability and that’s why I love it so much :legend:

lol I just read this after I posted and realized it's exactly what I don't like about it.  Although I realized reading your post what I basically mean is I want that final end chorus to be every chrous.

Prostitute Barbie
2 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

lol I just read this after I posted and realized it's exactly what I don't like about it 

I see what you mean. I think that’s just the style she wanted for the album. It’s not BTW or ARTPOP where every chorus hits right away. She really wanted to focus on the house drops that come after a build up on the chorus and then wait to explode everything until the end (Alice, ROM, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Replay, SFA, 1000 Doves). It took me a little time to get used to that style too but now the buildup/tension/release structure really makes for satisfying bops imo :firega:

Linus Gaga

Skipping Replay? Excuse Me No :triggered:

Yall should replay Replay omg 

Replaying Alice and Replay is now my daily routine :huntyga:

Hit me a message and say hi !

HausOfAntonio
1 hour ago, Enzo said:

Critical acclaim? :what:

Where exactly? 

Billboard voted Replay as the best song on the album :interestinga:

Reality
43 minutes ago, JudasJustDance said:

Ur avi:queenga: 

n e ways I don’t think Alice is that hyped compared to 911/Babylon/Replay. Alice is great though, at times I don’t get much from listening to it but when I pay attention and I’m actually listening to the song, it’s a bop. Prob one of the only songs on the album I prefer the Chorus and pre chorus over the verses. The prechorus going into the first chorus is:firega: the production > 

OT: It’s a solid song, I do think it’s a bit overrated. Took me a while to realize those noises were rewinding sounds. this song (for me) is the Teeth of Chromatica. idk why I always have that thought when I listen to replay lol. I do love the full circle thing with who pulled the trigger and then you had a gun. :enigma:

I would've said 911 was the most overrated on the album, but I grew to really like the song. Babylon, imo, isn't talked about enough to warrant it being the most overrated song on the album. Same with Replay. Besides, Babylon has its fair share of haters too. 

I agree with you about Alice though. Sometimes I just put it on to have something on, but when I really pay attention to it, I do enjoy it. I would say that I like the pre chorus and verses over the chorus though. 

🃏🖤👹

HausOfAntonio
49 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

Maybe you just haven’t been through enough trauma to appreciate it :ally:

I was about to say the same thing :bradley:

Archived