Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ROM Debuts On US Call Out Scores #18

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Also I'm new at following this can someone explain to me what potential is and also how is the main score rated? Is it a combination of net positive and familiarity? How does it work?

Ms I am a local
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

Also I'm new at following this can someone explain to me what potential is and also how is the main score rated? Is it a combination of net positive and familiarity? How does it work?

The potential score is the pop score + the scores of the rest departments so to speak. The better they are, the higher the potential score is. And the main score, I really don’t know how it’s done. I suppose is a score based on the rate of the surveys? I really don’t know tho.

Genuine Guy 09

For anyone wondering, In short:

Bad 

And unfortunately US pop radio has already responded with a nice -0.6m AI update today :vegas:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Economy
11 minutes ago, Ms I am a local said:

The potential score is the pop score + the scores of the rest departments so to speak. The better they are, the higher the potential score is. And the main score, I really don’t know how it’s done. I suppose is a score based on the rate of the surveys? I really don’t know tho.

So positive plus neutral minus negative??? :huh:

Economy
8 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

For anyone wondering, In short:

Bad 

And unfortunately US pop radio has already responded with a nice -0.6m AI update today :vegas:

Does it tend to climb after debut?

pdaines
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Does it tend to climb after debut?

The pop score tends to climb up to equal the potential score by the time the song stops getting meaningful radio airplay. 

Eventually both scores start to decline because people get sick of a song (the heavy burn number keeps going up, and the positive and favorite numbers fade). 

Economy
3 minutes ago, pdaines said:

The pop score tends to climb up to equal the potential score by the time the song stops getting meaningful radio airplay. 

How is the pop score and potential calculated?

pdaines
1 minute ago, JRCF29 said:

I still don’t know what a call-out is :fatcat:

This is the results of a randomized survey that compares actual audience impressions of songs on the radio.  They only publish results (for free to the public) for the handful of songs that have the highest level of familiarity (a song must have at least 60% familiarity, but I don't think that level of familiarity is sufficient to guarantee publication). 

Questions are something like the following:

Are you familiar with this song?

Did you like the song, yes or no? 

Is it one of your favorites? 

If you didn't like the song is it because it has been overplayed/did you used to like it? (Heavy burn) 

pdaines
1 minute ago, Economy said:

How is the pop score and potential calculated?

I don't know. I just know that songs with better positive, favorite, negative, and heavy burn numbers tend to to better on both pop score and potential. Presumably pop score also awards points for overall familiarity, which is omitted from the potential score. 

JRCF29
4 minutes ago, pdaines said:

This is the results of a randomized survey that compares actual audience impressions of songs on the radio.  They only publish results (for free to the public) for the handful of songs that have the highest level of familiarity (a song must have at least 60% familiarity, but I don't think that level of familiarity is sufficient to guarantee publication). 

Questions are something like the following:

Are you familiar with this song?

Did you like the song, yes or no? 

Is it one of your favorites? 

If you didn't like the song is it because it has been overplayed/did you used to like it? (Heavy burn) 

so they just call random people?

Don't Call Me Gaga

Economy
3 minutes ago, pdaines said:

I don't know. I just know that songs with better positive, favorite, negative, and heavy burn numbers tend to to better on both pop score and potential. Presumably pop score also awards points for overall familiarity, which is omitted from the potential score. 

Presumably familiarity keeps rising so that should help pop score then?

Does negative score tend to fall as song grows on people?

And is burn rate the number of ppl sick and tired of the song?

pdaines
1 minute ago, JRCF29 said:

so they just call random people?

I don't actually know how they decide who to call. I think they target random people who listen to particular radio stations that are included in the genre being surveyed. 

Archived