⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

Follow us on TikTok
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trump makes Covid data "disappear"

FATCAT
Posted (edited)

Previously public data has already disappeared from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website after the Trump administration quietly shifted control of the information to the Department of Health and Human Services. 

“We were surprised because the modules that we normally go to were empty. The data wasn’t available and not there,” he said. “There was no warning.”

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield told reporters on a conference call Wednesday that states were told to stop sending hospital information to the National Healthcare Safety Network site, the CDC’s system for gathering data, beginning Wednesday. Instead, all data will now be reported through HHS’ reporting portal, officials said, adding that the decision was made to streamline data reporting and to provide HHS officials with real-time data.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/16/us-coronavirus-data-has-already-disappeared-after-trump-administration-shifted-control-from-cdc-to-hhs.html

Edited by FATCAT
chilly waffle
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

FATCAT

The cover-up begins. No doubt Trump will hold or possibly even change the numbers to fit his agenda.

There is no war in ba sing se.

chilly waffle
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

LadyGoo

So they have Health and Human Services reporting all information instead of multiple departments. I don't see an issue

• Thanks 1

Eido
2 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

So they have Health and Human Services reporting all information instead of multiple departments. I don't see an issue

The issue might be propaganda... Just saying. :interestinga:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

LadyGoo
1 minute ago, Eido said:

The issue might be propaganda... Just saying. :interestinga:

Health and Human Services has a public data system where anyone can view the stats. This makes reporting data easier because HHS does not have to coordinate with multiple agencies.

Doot

:air: the lengths this man and his administration will go to, which will only wind up with this world in flames. 

ᴡᴀꜱ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏɢᴇʏᴍᴀɴ?

FATCAT
1 minute ago, LadyGoo said:

Health and Human Services has a public data system where anyone can view the stats. This makes reporting data easier because HHS does not have to coordinate with multiple agencies.

https://www.newswise.com/coronavirus/epidemiologists-sound-alarm-over-trump-s-takeover-of-covid-reporting/?article_id=734773

There are concerns among epidemiologists that a new directive shifting COVID-19 data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has the potential to further overwhelm state and local public health systems already drowning in the recent surge in cases.

University of Delaware epidemiologist Jennifer Horney – one of the leading voices on the COVID-19 pandemic – said her main concerns are the perception that data may be manipulated to achieve political goals and the timing of the introduction of a new system in the midst of a pandemic.

But also troubling is where the data will be going and who will be handling it. Horney said there are concerns about the interoperability of Protect - HHS's data system - with exiting data systems across the Federal public health enterprise.

chilly waffle
  • Like 1

LadyGoo
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

https://www.newswise.com/coronavirus/epidemiologists-sound-alarm-over-trump-s-takeover-of-covid-reporting/?article_id=734773

There are concerns among epidemiologists that a new directive shifting COVID-19 data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has the potential to further overwhelm state and local public health systems already drowning in the recent surge in cases.

University of Delaware epidemiologist Jennifer Horney – one of the leading voices on the COVID-19 pandemic – said her main concerns are the perception that data may be manipulated to achieve political goals and the timing of the introduction of a new system in the midst of a pandemic.

But also troubling is where the data will be going and who will be handling it. Horney said there are concerns about the interoperability of Protect - HHS's data system - with exiting data systems across the Federal public health enterprise.

edited my comment out! :billie:

Edited by LadyGoo

FATCAT
3 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

I won't say what I do for my real-life occupation but I do not see a conspiracy with HHS.

People within the justice department & career officials said the same thing about Bill Bar before he became Attorney General, and look at him now. 

chilly waffle
  • Like 1

TimisaMonster

Just sweep it under the rug...what virus? :awkney: